Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

7 minutes ago, X Plane said:

215 lbs (97kg) Kitted up.

@DT675 A 85nm spring would do you if no extra luggage or no 2 up pillion riding.

I've got a 90nm on mine too. Transformed it and only 4 to 5 clicks now of preload needed to get the right rider/static sag versus 22 clicks out of 24 on the original shock. I'm 86 kg or 13 and a half stone naked. Works brilliantly for me. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

I've got a 90nm on mine too. Transformed it and only 4 to 5 clicks now of preload needed to get the right rider/static sag versus 22 clicks out of 24 on the original shock. I'm 86 kg or 13 and a half stone naked. Works brilliantly for me. 

With (two off) 29” inside legs the 90 nm spring has not made the bike too tall, I have the low seat. A bonus is my wee short leg can now flick the side/kick stand out while still sitting on the bike without the side (kick) stand catching / hitting the ground; which prevented the stand from fully swinging out. That problem is now cured with the 90 nm rear spring fitted.

• Like 2

ouch.....bikes first annual service.....£255.   glad it wont be having too many of them at the dealers. cant wait for its 24,000ml service , not!

21 minutes ago, bth2 said:

ouch.....bikes first annual service.....£255.   glad it wont be having too many of them at the dealers. cant wait for its 24,000ml service , not!

Can you tell us what they did?

@loneranger700, @X Plane, @Rich TT thanks for the reply’s. I don’t plan on riding 2-up/pillion and only plan for a tank bag and some minimal rear side luggage (Giant Loop).  Also I want to keep balance. I am a little worried if I go too stiff in the back end and do nothing with the forks I might throw the balance off.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:50 PM, OU812 said:

Pretty sure it's plastic 7mm. I thought I someone on here has the file, might be worth a search.. Keep us updated!

Hi, i´m also itereted in this spare part. I´m working on it, trying to do the piece on ABS

On 10/14/2020 at 9:36 PM, X Plane said:

With (two off) 29” inside legs the 90 nm spring has not made the bike too tall, I have the low seat. A bonus is my wee short leg can now flick the side/kick stand out while still sitting on the bike without the side (kick) stand catching / hitting the ground; which prevented the stand from fully swinging out. That problem is now cured with the 90 nm rear spring fitted.

Crickey mate,  I only use my wee short leg to wee out of.... and yours can kick up a side stand🤣🤣🤣 sorry a bit of Aussie humour  couldnt help myself.

On 10/14/2020 at 5:16 PM, Burner said:

Can you tell us what they did?

comprehensive check list but basically an oil change. suppose they have to bring in the cash to run the macams race team....cynical me

On 10/14/2020 at 6:12 PM, CasualADV said:

Installed my new Nelson-Rigg Trails end Adventure tank bag.

DSC09501-2.thumb.jpg.042851b057f685cb20b8939c0fbdd887.jpg

Looks good. 

A suggestion,  rather than run the harness all the way down to the exposed frame,  run it under the front of the seat.   There is a raw aluminum bracket at the front of the seat / back of the gas tank that you can slip the strap under.   Much cleaner.

• Like 2

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, DT675 said:

@loneranger700, @X Plane, @Rich TT thanks for the reply’s. I don’t plan on riding 2-up/pillion and only plan for a tank bag and some minimal rear side luggage (Giant Loop).  Also I want to keep balance. I am a little worried if I go too stiff in the back end and do nothing with the forks I might throw the balance off.

@DT675 80 or 85nm sounds good for you. With the 85nm you’ll be using less preload clicks to get it sitting right and have more available to compensate for weight of any luggage. The balance will be fine as the rear spring is too soft compared to the front.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, DazR said:

Crickey mate,  I only use my wee short leg to wee out of.... and yours can kick up a side stand🤣🤣🤣 sorry a bit of Aussie humour  couldnt help myself.

Takes practise 😂 but not in public lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, X Plane said:

@DT675 80 or 85nm sounds good for you. With the 85nm you’ll be using less preload clicks to get it sitting right and have more available to compensate for weight of any luggage. The balance will be fine as the rear spring is too soft compared to the front.

That’s exactly what I was thinking! 

Tonight I finished up installing the Oxford Adventure heated grips, tapped into the factory aux connector.   These are my 1st ever heated grips on a bike! I agree with the few out there who don’t like the controller sticking off the handlebars but otherwise I think the controller itself is fine. Anyway I straightened out the mounting bracket and mounted it to the bobble bolt. You can’t reach and press it with any finger but a left thumb press is super easy. 

1A040BE3-283C-4691-AA66-29614B3D068E.jpeg.8bfe832a0f0b52870ef23484c3f574c1.jpeg

9A021E6A-7824-48F7-B557-8B4C811AE58A.jpeg.e55d11ec67b2d623bf4f57be7dbcb487.jpeg

3E02BD9C-7C45-421C-B5CC-E0A0354A74EA.jpeg.53f4ddf025f5694d80f8a95fbf7e189b.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MeefZah said:

Looks good. 

A suggestion,  rather than run the harness all the way down to the exposed frame,  run it under the front of the seat.   There is a raw aluminum bracket at the front of the seat / back of the gas tank that you can slip the strap under.   Much cleaner.

Thanks. I do plan to do that, I had just got them and wanted to get them on the bike quick for that ride. I will likely be doing that soon. I'm just concerned there won't be much room for the buckles and getting them done up and undone for fueling

I also went with the 90 rear spring and fork spacers.  Has transformed the bike and ready to carrying some camping gear in the brilliant Enduristan Blizzard XL Bags without a worry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DazR said:

I also went with the 90 rear spring and fork spacers.  Has transformed the bike and ready to carrying some camping gear in the brilliant Enduristan Blizzard XL Bags without a worry.

I agree the Bike is transformed with the springs, I have to install the fork spring washers over winter. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Motogadget blinkers, R&G tail tidy, cheap rear blinkers, Camel anti-swat bars, SE Connect phone holder, Camel Rally Pegs, Barkbusters and a Mosko Moto Hood Tank bag.  Waiting on backordered Adventure Spec crash bars and rear rack.  Next stop, new exhaust and a Mosko Rackless 80 bag system...

22830F41-26BE-4C62-B42A-93FBEDA6E70E-F41230DC-F5EF-4075-B4AB-408EE149D837.JPG

D7D943DD-0EBC-413A-BAD7-3F2BCF1FDBB9-B98347F9-76FD-4A0C-BFC3-F8157E96F45F.JPG

C51265EC-098F-439D-9DC6-34BBCB550139-0E129932-114F-46AC-8A38-4E3EA95E4212.JPG

B7CC4B71-312D-4858-A053-482871C4A5B9-1775-00000093F6147AC7.JPG

690904BD-33A0-495E-BC08-532B2610E075-5CFD202A-390B-4AC2-98F5-82810C432142.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CasualADV said:

Thanks. I do plan to do that, I had just got them and wanted to get them on the bike quick for that ride. I will likely be doing that soon. I'm just concerned there won't be much room for the buckles and getting them done up and undone for fueling

I have a similar size Wolfman.  There's adequate room for the buckles with some adjustability still available.   I generally only unbuckle the front and then slide the tank bag onto the front of the seat,  leaving the back of the bag still buckled,  and the gas fill exposed.  

Couple of fast pics I grabbed on my way out the door:

20201017_100712.jpg

20201017_100653.jpg

• Like 1

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

Just now, MeefZah said:

I have a similar size Wolfman.  There's adequate room for the buckles with some adjustability still available.   I generally only unbuckle the front and then slide the tank bag onto the front of the seat,  leaving the back of the bag still buckled,  and the gas fill exposed.  

Couple of fast pics I grabbed on my way out the door:

20201017_100712.jpg

20201017_100653.jpg

What are the front buckles like on the Wolfman? I assume they're similar. It just seemed easier to unbuckle the back, but I'll give it a go from the front

I added a powerlet socket to the right size of the dash. Wired directly to the battery for heated vest and battery tending. Note to anyone else looking to do this, the 48" Powerlet "kit" is the perfect length for our bikes. 

Also installed Oxford Adventure heated grips while I had everything apart, wired into the OEM plug on the right side. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DazR said:

Did you get them from an  aussie supplier?