Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

14 hours ago, OU812 said:

Casualadv, Thought Canada was sold out, where did u find these hens teeth?

They are not sold out last time I checked. There's a number around Edmonton. Riverside (2), E&S (3) and I believe Central Sled each have stock (as of mid last week anyway).

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

I dropped the forks from 10mm to 15mm.  I'm hoping this will relieve the "floaty" feeling I get at high speeds on dirt.

20200929_150117.jpg

20200929_140150.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 10:39 PM, OU812 said:

Casualadv, Thought Canada was sold out, where did u find these hens teeth?

Twistedthrottle.com

I ordered them around the beginning of August, But only just received them late last week.  🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:52 AM, DazR said:

Fitted adjustable screen and seat joining kit. Wife is going off as..... has been checking credit card statement. 🤣

You need a 'sausage'fund' mate 😄

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 12:33 AM, David Adams said:

6.5ltr base pack fits on blizzard L bags. Really happy with the set up so far! 

No side racks just AS top rack. Handy to strap bags to for more support  just thought I'd let everyone know if your thinking about it imageproxy.php?img=&key=6a3749c85cdc35ae

20200922_152554.jpg

• Like 1

How was the fitment without the orange tie down straps?  I couldn't get mine snug to blizzard bags enough.  

Heed Bunkers arrived, I asked them to pack well for the long trip from Poland and  boy did they ever! Not a nick or a scratch..

H2.jpg

H1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, CasualADV said:

Twistedthrottle.com

I ordered them around the beginning of August, But only just received them late last week.  🤷🏽‍♂️

I contacted them today, I'm looking for the BHG-078 and VPS-003) - Yellow HiViz seems dualsport and twisted throttle are out along with fortnine... 

3 minutes ago, OU812 said:

I contacted them today, I'm looking for the BHG-078 and VPS-003) - Yellow HiViz seems dualsport and twisted throttle are out along with fortnine... 

They were backordered way back when I ordered mine. 
I got:

BB.BHG-078-00-NP   Barkbusters bike-specific fitting kit for Yamaha Tenere XTZ700 ('19-)

and 

BB.BHG3.BB-WD   Barkbusters VPS Plastic Guard set and wind deflector set (includes screws) - Black on Black

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OU812 said:

Heed Bunkers arrived, I asked them to pack well for the long trip from Poland and  boy did they ever! Not a nick or a scratch..

H2.jpg

H1.jpg

yep....they do pack'em well

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bth2 said:

yep....they do pack'em well

A lot of complaints about the SW-motech scratched and nicked, quite a difference in packing. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OU812 said:

H2.jpg

H1.jpg

I live only three hours drive from the producer and  a year  ago when I've ordered the Heed crash bars, they were packed the same way. Looks like they care about the customers. 🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OU812 said:

A lot of complaints about the SW-motech scratched and nicked, quite a difference in packing. 

A lot of complaints? I think I’ve seen two!

My bars showed up without a scratch... 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Burner said:

A lot of complaints? I think I’ve seen two!

My bars showed up without a scratch... 

Two is too many at the price of admission or do you think thats ok? Show me how yours was packaged, mine travelled over 6000kms, how far did yours ship? Maybe you got lucky?? 

On 9/29/2020 at 5:11 PM, toycloser said:

I dropped the forks from 10mm to 15mm.  I'm hoping this will relieve the "floaty" feeling I get at high speeds on dirt.

20200929_150117.jpg

20200929_140150.jpg

You have any luck with this? I wonder if it made any difference. 

thanks 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Huero said:

You have any luck with this? I wonder if it made any difference. 

thanks 

I'll know on Sunday and report back here.

3 hours ago, OU812 said:

Two is too many at the price of admission or do you think thats ok? Show me how yours was packaged, mine travelled over 6000kms, how far did yours ship? Maybe you got lucky?? 

Well I can’t show you how mine was packaged as they’ve been unpackaged for months... but the Heed picture looks pretty much like what I got.

Yeah maybe I did get lucky!

... & thanks for the double thumbs down, pretty funny 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, toycloser said:

I'll know on Sunday and report back here.

Your post is a bit confusing to me. You said you dropped the forks down but then said from 10 to 15.  So that means you raised the forks in the clamps 5mm then? Or do I have that wrong? Sorry to say but raising the forks in the clamps will make it turn quicker but less stable at speed and lowering them in the clamps will make it turn slower and more stable at speed. This is the fork relationship to the clamps, not raising or lowering the bike. Anyway, maybe I just misunderstood how you wrote it. 

Side note, are both your bags giant loop? I think you have the exact combo I’m wanting. They look good! 

7 hours ago, DT675 said:

Your post is a bit confusing to me. You said you dropped the forks down but then said from 10 to 15.  So that means you raised the forks in the clamps 5mm then? Or do I have that wrong? Sorry to say but raising the forks in the clamps will make it turn quicker but less stable at speed and lowering them in the clamps will make it turn slower and more stable at speed. This is the fork relationship to the clamps, not raising or lowering the bike. Anyway, maybe I just misunderstood how you wrote it. 

Side note, are both your bags giant loop? I think you have the exact combo I’m wanting. They look good! 

The accompanying picture isn't clear enough?  Tough crowd...

Installed the Scratch and Nick free Heed Bunkers today.  Very easy install with both sides lining up to the frame mounts perfectly!

If you are looking for a crash bar well suited to this bike check them out, I highly recommend them, shipped very quickly, well packaged, frame mounted sturdy kit!

assss.jpg

asss.jpg

ass.jpg

• Like 3