Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Finally picked up my T7 from the Dealership last night. I started to install the farkles I have accumulated.

TByw3Tu.jpg

7PrfVtC.jpg

Today I installed the following:

I'll work on the Givi Pannier racks, Givi or AS Top rack/plate, Camel High fender kit, AS Engine guard, Blinkers Plus front LED blinkers, phone mount.

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

Finally picked up my T7 from the Dealership last night. I started to install the farkles I have accumulated.

TByw3Tu.jpg

7PrfVtC.jpg

Today I installed the following:

I'll work on the Givi Pannier racks, Givi or AS Top rack/plate, Camel High fender kit, AS Engine guard, Blinkers Plus front LED blinkers, phone mount.

Boy, thats going to keep you very busy, installing all that. Interesting to see how the AS Top rack marries upto the Givi pannier racks. 

Just now, FredBasset said:

Boy, thats going to keep you very busy, installing all that. Interesting to see how the AS Top rack marries upto the Givi pannier racks. 

AS Top rack won't work with the Givi Pannier rack, unless I modify/cut back the thickness of the AS mount, by cutting the spacer mount for clearance. I'll probably just sell the AS rack.

I have the Givi top rack brackets right underneath the AS top rack, I ordered it with the  pannier rack. But only ordered the top plate yesterday, to be delivered later this week.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 7:05 AM, tonyubsdell said:

A2032E9B-29DB-40B8-8312-BE7F8145995F.jpeg

126CA83E-6CE7-465B-9711-22CEDE1788DC.jpeg

062EF0BC-33CC-4953-A393-1DBDC7200F56.jpeg

Did you high mount the exhaust yourself? I couldn't find that option on SC Project's website. Also, with the new suspension, does the bike handle better on road? What's your experience? I'm thinking about it too.

Thank you,

On 10/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, Canomball said:

How did you put it?    What support did you use?  you can put detail of the support? 

I agree, @Homer I would love to know more about what light you used and how you installed it! 

This is a quick mock up of the mounting bracket. I'll be using it to make one out of a single piece of 4mm plate. It bolts onto the lower triple clamp, into two 6mm threaded holes, used I think, to mount a high mugdguard.

This is the light I used. Two for $33 on ebay! 

s-l400.jpg

LED Manufacturer: CREE. Triple-Row & Nest Reflector Cup Design Pushes Lighting Efficiency To The Max. Oversized grooved heat sink fins extends cooling surface for quick heat elimination. Beam Type: Combo Beam.

Mount.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Milkshake said:

Did you high mount the exhaust yourself? I couldn't find that option on SC Project's website. Also, with the new suspension, does the bike handle better on road? What's your experience? I'm thinking about it too.

Thank you,

no option on sc projects website, simply because you need to get rid of the original exhaust support on the frame by grinding it off.

the longer (by 30 mm) and stiffer suspension gives more feedback on road but due to the knobby tires you cannot really say it is an advantage on tar.

off road it is very much to my liking although you sit high on top andthis  makes slow and trials like stuff harder than with the normal setup.

bottoming out is no more noticable, i weigh in at 90 kg fully kitted, 1.90 m.

cheers,

wolf

On 10/4/2020 at 4:49 AM, REDHORSECA said:

7PrfVtC.jpg

i have got the same radiator guard..  after putting it on i was disapointed.

G0010028_LI.jpg

3 hours ago, CoreCass said:

i have got the same radiator guard..  after putting it on i was disapointed.

I don't have experience with the Yamaha BW3‑E24D0‑V0‑00 mesh metal radiator guard, so I can't do a complete comparison.

image.thumb.png.699010196b11b5bc58d49f0caf893e21.png

I believe the one I got from eBay is nearly a direct copy, with some small differences. Red square highlights the major differences that I can tell.

image.png.9bc0331091e3d9dd9a6fe2636ee3b94f.png

Some of the mounting holes just didn't align up with the factory locations and panels when it was mounted to the bike. Some of the holes were off by maybe 1/8"  inch. But, with it being thin powder coated sheet metal, it would bend to meet up to the mounting points with some persuasion. 

The metal side wings of the radiator guard had to be bended with one hand meet up with the T7 plastic radiator, so that you could pop in those OEM plastic rivets with your other hand. Luckily the plastic rivets are easy to use, they just press in. It made for a taught fit with the radiator wings, they won't be flapping in the wind. You only used 4 of the 6 original plastic rivets, the Yamaha branded one looks to be the same.

The other thing is the top tabs with the small holes, to me they look to be too big of a hole for the factory brake line plastic clips to pop in. Since I was doing Camel's high fender kit and wasn't using the factory front brake lines anymore. The Camel kit comes with new SS braided brake lines that don't use those plastic clips again, it didn't mater in my case.

I guess it's up to the buyer if a little issues I had are worth $110 dollar difference in costs. $160 for the Yamaha vs. $40 for the China copy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tonyubsdell said:

no option on sc projects website, simply because you need to get rid of the original exhaust support on the frame by grinding it off.

the longer (by 30 mm) and stiffer suspension gives more feedback on road but due to the knobby tires you cannot really say it is an advantage on tar.

off road it is very much to my liking although you sit high on top andthis  makes slow and trials like stuff harder than with the normal setup.

bottoming out is no more noticable, i weigh in at 90 kg fully kitted, 1.90 m.

cheers,

wolf

Thank you for your reply.  I feel like I'll follow your lead, the kind of of changes in handling your describing and sit on top feeling I'm already used to from my KTM 1090.  

21 hours ago, Homer said:

This is a quick mock up of the mounting bracket. I'll be using it to make one out of a single piece of 4mm plate. It bolts onto the lower triple clamp, into two 6mm threaded holes, used I think, to mount a high mugdguard.

This is the light I used. Two for $33 on ebay! 

s-l400.jpg

LED Manufacturer: CREE. Triple-Row & Nest Reflector Cup Design Pushes Lighting Efficiency To The Max. Oversized grooved heat sink fins extends cooling surface for quick heat elimination. Beam Type: Combo Beam.

Mount.jpg

Thank you! That’s awesome! 

4 hours ago, CGras said:

After successfully rubbing of some of the paint on the back of my Tenere I installed a luggage rack today. I went with the smallest and most minimalistic rack I could find so it doesn't ruin the lines of the bike.

ouch, now you gotta fit a plate to cover that paint massacre...

Installed my T7Rally screen adjuster kit! Install was easy, pretty mindless, Great Idea, nice piece of kit it does a great job at reducing wind blast for me.

screen.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, OU812 said:

Installed my T7Rally screen adjuster kit! Install was easy, pretty mindless, Great Idea, nice piece of kit it does a great job at reducing wind blast for me.

screen.jpg

I have the same kit.  Any yes!  It is a simple, yet clever idea.  That-said, I never raise mine up  I like the stock position pretty well.  I still like having the option.  Maybe once it gets very cold, I'll raise it up.

• Like 2

Installed some levers , much better reach and feel than the DT2 stock levers...

lever.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OU812 said:

lever.jpg

Yamaha actually makes T7 levers? or that is just some stickers???

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, rattler said:

Hah did the same 

Copycat...  haha yes they look and feel good.. time will tell how they hold up! I hated those stock levers.

1 hour ago, TimmyTheHog said:

Yamaha actually makes T7 levers? or that is just some stickers???

Not Japan ...

spacer.png

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, OU812 said:

lever.jpg

How is the quality around the pivot area? Many are too loose. I also hate the stock levers but winter is coming, so heated grips must come first. 

• Like 1

Cut .5” off each side of the handlebars. Their is kinda an odd feeling with these bars. I think it’s sweep and long reach but I think their too wide too. The .5” seem insignificant but make a nice difference for me. Hopefully enough to keep them for awhile longer.

It’s noticeable in the pics, right? 😂

(I only posted the pics because otherwise “it didn’t happen”)

F5C39807-9164-4B7E-8455-0C332C6590B0.thumb.jpeg.076d9380134e4ac396d74b7cdbf80aa1.jpeg

CDB274B8-66F1-418F-A9A1-E4630BA1709D.thumb.jpeg.3bfab8cf89f5f423cb2c874d460183ff.jpeg

• Like 1