Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

15 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Well, to be fair, I've been riding through Alberta and BC winters for 25 years on bigger bikes without studs at all (last few on my Tracer with its winter tires), so I feel ice performance will be way better than what I'm accustomed to 🙂

I'm hoping I can set up a bike specifically for ice racing next year, but I'll be happy to yeet the T7 across a lake just for the experience 🙂 Poor thing ends up having to participate in all my bad ideas!

Good on you man! I don't have the cahones to ride on public roads in the winter unless they are dry and clear! You have my respect! 

I think I have Yamaha disease...

1 hour ago, Canzvt said:

Good on you man! I don't have the cahones to ride on public roads in the winter unless they are dry and clear! You have my respect! 

Cahones, or stupidity, one or the other.

You learn how to make it work, though, and ultimately it's really just like anything else - the right gear, the right tires, and the right skills.  I won't ride on public roads when there's any amount of new snow on the roads, as it's very much like riding in mud, and that's insanely risky around cars sliding around too.  But slush, small bits of ice, and packed down snow are all quite manageable.  Largely with the same skills you use offroad but obviously with different gear.  Really depends on your local environment, too - here in Calgary, it's very cold but mostly dry.  Snow will get packed down, sanded, then just stay there for a long time, and that's like riding on packed dirt if you've got the right tires.  If I was, say, in Ontario things would probably be a lot different, as it gets WAY wetter (and thus much icier and snowier) there.   Here it's mostly just a matter of having tires that will have good grip in the cold and handle packed snow and ice. 

I'm excited to see how the studs impact things.  

On 11/2/2021 at 4:35 PM, CoreCass said:

i went for it.

not that i need the bigger tanks now. but in the future i plan a long trip.

when i receved the package i could not wait to install.

did not take long at all. 1 hour for somone who never did try to disconnect the fuel tank.

if you know what you do and have a bit more light this might even only take half an hour.

the lockable cap is on its way.

IMG_20211101_210931.thumb.jpg.72f8f8f5cbf2539852abcd1de3cb29e0.jpgIMG_20211102_154825.thumb.jpg.b21f1d744dae3f308a525be5451cd719.jpgIMG_20211102_154835.thumb.jpg.11c70c967ae90eceb121b0ce6b72d6eb.jpg

That the Acerbis tank?  Looks good, pretty much stock looking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

That the Acerbis tank?  Looks good, pretty much stock looking.

jep. its a little higher. but yea its stock looking.

i actually like this a bit more as its black.  i was doubting to make the gray blue pannel black. but i think ill leave it like this.

Popped the Rally Raid handlebar bracket, so I can use it for the Roadbook mount.

Tried to install the Uni-Racing protective sticker kit for the rear panels, but found it very hard work to get a decent finish, so it's gone in the bin. Will let the bags do their thing and live with it.

Low seat came and it was definitely needed. I did 250 miles on the standard seat yesterday and found it fine, so will get out and see how this fares soon.

• Like 1

I have a T7 Project Bike provided by Yamaha. Last night I installed the SW-Motech Center stand. Easy to install, easy to lift onto the stand. Does not impede ground clearance.  Here is a link to some of my other T700 upgrades. Many haven't been posted yet. 

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/author/neilwyenn/

IMG_2181.jpg

• Like 2

My tail-tidy from Amazon came in and i put it on today.
IMG_20211106_153403.thumb.jpg.28450587b16fb69b35eb18694ee3c159.jpg

IMG_20211106_153434.thumb.jpg.8dc6b25f6df3281defe707971f069ab9.jpg

The holes for the indicators where the same shape as the original fender/pie scoop but the plastic has a thicker edge leaving the indicator quite loose and wobbly.
IMG_20211106_134446.thumb.jpg.301913038ca0cd14bc6372cab13693a6.jpg

After a minute of thinking i figured i might have some O-rings sitting around somewhere.
IMG_20211106_134625.thumb.jpg.1ff8adace8d14d5a27c5c062f3d13a16.jpg

This did the trick.
Could be a little tighter but for now good enough and when i come across a wee bigger ring i will take that home and change it some time.

I also ordered a custom stickerset which came in a bit later because the company had some issues printing it on 2 different occasions and now it seemed they send off one of those sets with issues.
They will send a new set but i have to wait for that to arrive.
Tomorrow i will start with the pieces that where correct and have no direct connections with the design.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 8:15 AM, CoreCass said:

jep. its a little higher. but yea its stock looking.

i actually like this a bit more as its black.  i was doubting to make the gray blue pannel black. but i think ill leave it like this.

That it fits with the Heed bunker bars is cherry on top! I can't wait to get mine and was wondering whether they'd fit! Thanks for the pics!

Just mounted the Touratech Pro Adjustable Windscreen adjustment bracket.  Easily adjusts 2.4” up or down to 1/2” above stock. In the up position it definitely quiets the wind noise for me. 19D17F97-A83E-4A06-AA27-E5F8EE133790.thumb.gif.f997113476ca346e74cc3b8c6d8007f3.gif

• Like 6

On 10/30/2021 at 8:14 AM, Burnsey said:

Cool cover arrived, tight fit but fine, so today is the end of the sheepie - sorry@Dougie 😆

Last thing is protection for rear panels arriving this week, just in time for our November trip. We've decided to travel down the UK west coast, starting in the Lake District, though Wales and down to Cornwall. And back of course.

Is this what you mean by “cool cover”?  I bought this to try and alleviate pressure points (which I don't really think it does much) but it sure does cool things off! I accidentally left it on on a cold day ride and froze my back end off!  I then took it off and rode a week later that was 10 degrees cooler yet and was much warmer down there. So it definitely works! Haven't had it in the hot summers yet. 

5C055B6D-F195-48DD-A327-9434E7D634BB.thumb.jpeg.91feb0a21e54bce8c87104e5e04ab94d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DT675 said:

Is this what you mean by “cool cover”?  I bought this to try and alleviate pressure points (which I don't really think it does much) but it sure does cool things off! I accidentally left it on on a cold day ride and froze my back end off!  I then took it off and rode a week later that was 10 degrees cooler yet and was much warmer down there. So it definitely works! Haven't had it in the hot summers yet. 

5C055B6D-F195-48DD-A327-9434E7D634BB.thumb.jpeg.91feb0a21e54bce8c87104e5e04ab94d.jpeg

That's the one!

I have now popped the low seat on and out soon, so that will be the real comfort test.

It sure blows around your balls, that's for sure 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I had a beaded seat cover (taxi driver seat) on one of my bikes when I left for work on a cool morning. I think my balls were up around my navel when I got there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Installed the @Camel ADV high exhaust today! You’ve all read enough to know, but it is a great kit. Loved taking the sawzall to a brand new bike. Looks great, sounds great. She’s just about trail ready! 

A3B02589-CA0C-43A2-8693-570C892DA421.jpeg

D4A749EA-612E-45ED-94D2-41AFEC2538E0.jpeg

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Larson627 said:

Installed the @Camel ADV high exhaust today! You’ve all read enough to know, but it is a great kit. Loved taking the sawzall to a brand new bike. Looks great, sounds great. She’s just about trail ready! 

I want your shop 😁 Bike looks good also.

1 hour ago, Larson627 said:

Yikes, don't know if I could get myself to do that. The high exhaust does look great!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bighopper said:

I want your shop 😁 Bike looks good also.

Ha! I live on a farm, so it’s just a quick blast down the driveway from my house! Frequently very much packed full of broken farm equipment though.  

24 minutes ago, kainic said:

Yikes, don't know if I could get myself to do that. The high exhaust does look great!!!

Only took about three minutes, the included template makes it super easy! 

50 minutes ago, Larson627 said:

Only took about three minutes, the included template makes it super easy! 

I have been eyeing the blackwidow UN30H exhaust.  It will most likely be a winter project.

I just installed the Kisan pathBlazer headlight modulator ( Legal in the USA and Canada) - easy install. Right under the front right panel. 

It is a new part for them.  P115W-YT6. 

I won't ride on the street without a headlight modulator. Been riding with a Kisan modulator for 17 years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DT675 said:

Where the winds rarely whistle. .. They’re indeed too effective for winter, ‘but’ fantastic in warmer (& wetter) seasons.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NeilW said:

I just installed the Kisan pathBlazer headlight modulator ( Legal in the USA and Canada) - easy install. Right under the front right panel. 

It is a new part for them.  P115W-YT6. 

I won't ride on the street without a headlight modulator. Been riding with a Kisan modulator for 17 years.

Wow I checked out your video- that’s crazy! How does it look in the dark? I’ve seen some bikes with those locally and always wondered how they do that. 

2 hours ago, DT675 said:

Wow I checked out your video- that’s crazy! How does it look in the dark? I’ve seen some bikes with those locally and always wondered how they do that. 

It only modulates in the daytime. It stops automatically when it senses darkness. 
here is my review to better explain the whole thing. The Kisan part number is P115W-YT6 

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/11/11/kisan-electronics-pathblazer-review-project-bike-headlight-modulator/

Edited by NeilW
add part number
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps not all today but I'm finally sort of finished with all the adjustments.

I installed the HEED basic crashbar set, barkbusters vps and the Oxford heated grips.

The HEED crashbars were incredibly easy to install and the quality is just outstanding for the price. it's a single solid piece welded together, 3 attachment points on each side and only to the frame of the bike, no engine mounting which in my opinion is a safer bet. It's nicely powder coated and I think the total weight comes at around 13lbs/6kg. 

The barkbusters were easy to install besides the fact that I need a spacer on both end weights to prevent the most outer screw bolt to lodge itself stuck into the zinc spacer that screws into the handlebar. Absolute pain in the ass to get that back out once it was lodged. Also lost a 4th tiny screw to attach the little extendable flap on the vps wind guards. Pretty sure I swallowed it by accident because it's gone.

The oxfords were a true pain in the ass, I have a thread going on about it. Simply put, the instructions advice to use plenty of glue when it's a tight fit and so I did. Then it turned out my throttle tube got glued pretty much shut. Super sticky and basically a cursed cruise control. Still trying to fix it, made lots of progress already but might need to take everything apart again. Clutch side was a breeze to install.

20211112_140225.jpg

20211112_132705.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:35 AM, NeilW said:

It only modulates in the daytime. It stops automatically when it senses darkness. 
here is my review to better explain the whole thing. The Kisan part number is P115W-YT6 

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/11/11/kisan-electronics-pathblazer-review-project-bike-headlight-modulator/

I read your article but have a question. It seems implied by your video and text but I couldn't confirm on the Kisan website - does the modulator only activate when high beam is on?