Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

27 minutes ago, Alex Guillén said:

We are sorry but that is the shipping price that the company sets for us.

You can buy it in Amazon but you will not be able to apply the discount code there.

Thanks.

It works out at £55 with Amazon, versus 60 Euro inc discount direct.

I have ordered one, so thanks.

Gave him a wash and parked him in the living room.
I tested positive for Covid today even after both vaccines. Now i have something nice to look at during quarantine.
IMG_20211029_154231.thumb.jpg.515c0db5b244872b57631a0b1087b0c6.jpg

With a bit of luck the custom decal kit comes in soon so i can make myself useful.
Sorry for the bas pic, bad lighting from both sides.

Edited by Ray Ride4life
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Gave him a wash and parked him in the living room.
I tested positive for Covid today even after both vaccines. Now i have something nice to look at during quarantine.
IMG_20211029_154231.thumb.jpg.515c0db5b244872b57631a0b1087b0c6.jpg

With a bit of luck the custom decal kit comes in soon so i can make myself useful.
Sorry for the bas pic, bad lighting from both sides.

Just keep polishing it and enjoy the “showroom” smell. 😁

”him”?    I didn’t realise they come in both sexes. Just the colour schemes.🤔 My “old girl” needs a few miles and a clean this weekend. 👍

9 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Just keep polishing it and enjoy the “showroom” smell. 😁

”him”?    I didn’t realise they come in both sexes. Just the colour schemes.🤔 My “old girl” needs a few miles and a clean this weekend. 👍

Whit whom do you have the most fun, with some mates or a whiny girlfriend.
I have the bikes to have some fun so my bikes are mates 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

This may be true but I don’t ride my mates so mine stays female. 😳

If you you ride your women like i ride the bike you should be in jail 🤐

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

Wait ‘til you try to replace the stock springs with the KTM ones! 😳

And I removed the R&G racks and sold them 🤭

Kriega base and 2 x 12L should be here Monday, which, after much fannying about will work for me, as I only tour maybe 4 weeks a year, so for the other 48 I don't need a fixed solution.

I also ordered that protective sticker kit in clear to cover the rear panels, so will report back next week...

Popped two of the four OEM rear luggage bobbins back in today and one threaded - absolute crap part!

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnsey said:

And I removed the R&G racks and sold them 🤭

Kriega base and 2 x 12L should be here Monday, which, after much fannying about will work for me, as I only tour maybe 4 weeks a year, so for the other 48 I don't need a fixed solution.

I also ordered that protective sticker kit in clear to cover the rear panels, so will report back next week...

Popped two of the four OEM rear luggage bobbins back in today and one threaded - absolute crap part!

The bobbin or the frame x threaded ? 

18 minutes ago, Dougie said:

The bobbin or the frame x threaded ? 

The thread in the bobbin head. The star is now a circle and very little force used.

Was going to whip it off with grips, because I will only use two (Kriega supply two), but just left it in for now.

Edited by Burnsey

20211029_215815.thumb.jpg.91cdf2cb6cba7f9bea35e55c7557dcfa.jpg

Studded up a Motoz Tractionator Adventure front, as snow is now falling.  Gonna throw some more studs into my stock Pirelli rear, and I should be good to go for the winter.  Super excited to see how these work in ice and snow.  

Went fairly mild on the studs, though, because the T7's still going to need to run on clear pavement too - some roads actually do get plowed after all, and its Calgary - snow melts.  Also, the iGrip SS11 studs aren't exactly cheap either, roughly $0.60 each, which adds up.  88 studs in the front, two per horizontal block band.  

They're small - just 3mm or so out of the tire - but they're *very* bitey.

Have a tire mounter on the way from Poland, so as soon as it arrives, gonna mount this beast.

• Like 5

Cool cover arrived, tight fit but fine, so today is the end of the sheepie - sorry@Dougie 😆

Last thing is protection for rear panels arriving this week, just in time for our November trip. We've decided to travel down the UK west coast, starting in the Lake District, though Wales and down to Cornwall. And back of course.

9 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

20211029_215815.thumb.jpg.91cdf2cb6cba7f9bea35e55c7557dcfa.jpg

Studded up a Motoz Tractionator Adventure front, as snow is now falling.  Gonna throw some more studs into my stock Pirelli rear, and I should be good to go for the winter.  Super excited to see how these work in ice and snow.  

Went fairly mild on the studs, though, because the T7's still going to need to run on clear pavement too - some roads actually do get plowed after all, and its Calgary - snow melts.  Also, the iGrip SS11 studs aren't exactly cheap either, roughly $0.60 each, which adds up.  88 studs in the front, two per horizontal block band.  

They're small - just 3mm or so out of the tire - but they're *very* bitey.

Have a tire mounter on the way from Poland, so as soon as it arrives, gonna mount this beast.

I’m getting the urge to watch a bond film for some reason🤔
the whole reason I got into bikes was watching XTs with studs chasing him down a toboggan run. 
very nice bud. 🤘

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Burnsey said:

Cool cover arrived, tight fit but fine, so today is the end of the sheepie - sorry@Dougie 😆

Last thing is protection for rear panels arriving this week, just in time for our November trip. We've decided to travel down the UK west coast, starting in the Lake District, though Wales and down to Cornwall. And back of course.

Give us a shout if you’re passing Cardiff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

I’m getting the urge to watch a bond film for some reason🤔
the whole reason I got into bikes was watching XTs with studs chasing him down a toboggan run. 
very nice bud. 🤘

I've *always* wanted to try ice racing.  I don't have the resources to have a bike specifically set up for that with big ice spikes, but this year I'm absolutely taking the Tenere out on frozen lakes, despite it only having small road studs.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DuncMan said:

Let me know if that one induced sheepie comfort level, please.

Ive actually ordered a low seat because it was a bit of a bargain, so I think the comfort test will be more apparent on that.

Aiming to get a couple of hundred miles on the bike tomorrow, so will report back.

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Burnsey said:

If those sheepies are so comfy I’d be curious if your experienced arse finds the cool cover even comparable. (Doubtful). I’ve actually removed mine for the cooler months as the air con is almost TOO effective & that heat reflective  black foam I installed is actually appreciated now. 
  Though the cool cover definitely won’t be like squishing about in a woolly welsh puddle, so there’s that.

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

If those sheepies are so comfy I’d be curious if your experienced arse finds the cool cover even comparable. (Doubtful). I’ve actually removed mine for the cooler months as the air con is almost TOO effective & that heat reflective  black foam I installed is actually appreciated now. 
  Though the cool cover definitely won’t be like squishing about in a woolly welsh puddle, so there’s that.

The sheepie is more habit after popping one on and riding thousands of miles I guess.

I've never had a comfort seat, or one specially designed, just a stock one on any bike. They get sweaty in heat and they're not nice when wet. On rides, I may start with it and whip it off as I move along. 

The cool cover will be interesting to test.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I've *always* wanted to try ice racing.  I don't have the resources to have a bike specifically set up for that with big ice spikes, but this year I'm absolutely taking the Tenere out on frozen lakes, despite it only having small road studs.  

So be careful with your T7 on the ice with those studs. They won't grip NEARLY like proper racing studs. By this, I mean, if you have clean ice, you will be able to gently ride around without too much trouble, just don't get it leaned over cornering. But add some snow on top of the ice, and it will get very squirrely VERY quickly.

Back in the day, I used to ice race trikes, quads, sleds and bikes. Somewhere I have a pic of me on my ('87) CR125 where my left knee is tucked up under the bars between the fork and the ground, foot out front, where I'm seriously leaned over with only about 4" of air gap between the bar end and the ice. That's with dirt knobbies and Halliday screws. Near perfect traction until hard parts scrape. The new 'built' tires are much better now, and I can imagine spikes are even more awesome. You won't be wanting to try that with your small studs on a big bike. Be careful and have a great time!

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

5 hours ago, Burnsey said:

The cool cover will be interesting to test.

It will definitely improve any sweating &/or waterlogged  issues the wool results it. The air con effect is real. Added comfort beyond that is questionable, but it certainly doesn't make things worse. My butt never felt like it was a wasted purchase. 

Aftermarket comfort seats had better offer a substantial improvement for their price. Wouldn't know as I've never gone there either. 

• Like 1

• Members

Spent most of the rainy day yesterday installing the CamelADV tail tidy, wiring in a USB plug, and my GPS.  Major pain in the ass to take off all the racks and plastics.

I had ordered  the plastic adapters for the front signals, and I know they came in 2 weeks ago, but I have a bad case of CRS (can't remember Shet) and I could not find them.  I know I put them somewhere for safe keeping, but f*ck I can remember where.

Anyway,  I pulled the inside retaining clips out of the 4 pumpkin indicators, and sandwiched them into a makeshift adapter for the Tusk indicators.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.43.52 AM.jpg

• Like 1

• Members

Also forgot to mention I finished my swing arm repair.  Could have done a better job, but the jb weld/sand/apply cycles were about 24 hours apart and I was tired of the slow progress of dry/sand/layer.  Once it gets dirty, no one will notice.  Before and after pics attached.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.40 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.50 AM.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

It will definitely improve any sweating &/or waterlogged  issues the wool results it. The air con effect is real. Added comfort beyond that is questionable, but it certainly doesn't make things worse. My butt never felt like it was a wasted purchase. 

Aftermarket comfort seats had better offer a substantial improvement for their price. Wouldn't know as I've never gone there either. 

Well, covered an unplanned 130 miles today, with 100 back roads and the rest green lanes. It was only 10 degrees at best and very very wet, which made the green lanes great fun.

I noticed cool air around my ass from the start, which didn't help on a cold day, but would say that it's the airflow which helps the comfort. I didn't have the right base layers on either (bad planning and rushing) but I cannot tell I've been on a bike, so pretty pleased with the cool covers so far.

I have decided I'm still a little too short for this bike, even with 20mm lowering links,so glad I found a well priced OEM low seat to try. Just need to balance the height with the knee position - we shall see.

Before today,I'd not really ridden it and having never bothered with a test ride, I'm dead chuffed with the bike and sure I'm going to enjoy many more miles.

• Like 3

Changed out the tiny rear Cyclops LED turn signals that were on my T7 when I bought it for larger and brighter LED units from 12 O'Clock Labs. The new ones aren't as chic but give me a much better chance of being seen by brain dead, cell phone yakking, texting people who happen to be behind the wheel of a car.

Old:

20211031_130120.thumb.jpg.e4c643454440b3ca00369bf8f0a9ce96.jpg

New:

20211031_142235.thumb.jpg.9d6549f195c2491ed6a6d5c8bdfe3cda.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Canzvt said:

So be careful with your T7 on the ice with those studs. They won't grip NEARLY like proper racing studs. By this, I mean, if you have clean ice, you will be able to gently ride around without too much trouble, just don't get it leaned over cornering. But add some snow on top of the ice, and it will get very squirrely VERY quickly.

Back in the day, I used to ice race trikes, quads, sleds and bikes. Somewhere I have a pic of me on my ('87) CR125 where my left knee is tucked up under the bars between the fork and the ground, foot out front, where I'm seriously leaned over with only about 4" of air gap between the bar end and the ice. That's with dirt knobbies and Halliday screws. Near perfect traction until hard parts scrape. The new 'built' tires are much better now, and I can imagine spikes are even more awesome. You won't be wanting to try that with your small studs on a big bike. Be careful and have a great time!

Well, to be fair, I've been riding through Alberta and BC winters for 25 years on bigger bikes without studs at all (last few on my Tracer with its winter tires), so I feel ice performance will be way better than what I'm accustomed to 🙂

I'm hoping I can set up a bike specifically for ice racing next year, but I'll be happy to yeet the T7 across a lake just for the experience 🙂 Poor thing ends up having to participate in all my bad ideas!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2