Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

The OEM screen protector arrived, so popped that on. Easy fit and also easy on/off for cleaning.

Plus, ordered a couple of those Acerbis exhaust protectors because I saw them on here and thought they looked cool.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2021 at 2:03 PM, doniv said:

Neat idea! Where did you move the turn signals to?

I mounted them on the hand guards similar to this. They are white DRLs and switch to amber when flashing. 

AF885014-0595-4C59-81A9-E714251E660A.jpeg

58C0EB91-DFCB-4B5F-B827-F5B87D9C879F.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

I’m tempted too, Edward especially with the upgraded exhaust on mine.. Hmm..

Mine arrive today, so will let you see them on amore standard exhaust (the one seen looks short).

• Like 1

Today I got a package from Ali. So off to the garage we go to install it!

This was the package: Adjustable windscreen from Ali

They are made from aluminium and are very light. But quality feels very good.

Installing them was very simple and they work great. Now lets see how they do on the road.

Pictures installed: 

IMG_20211025_142154.jpg

IMG_20211025_142120.jpg

Edited by Chris1974

13 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

I hope they’re good mate. I wasn’t patient enough to wait and ordered two today! 😆

@r6realtor I blame you for this. Just cost me a 100 bucks! 😳 Nice bike setup mate. 

lol, thank you sir! So far so good on mine. I fortunately have not tested them out yet in a crash but they look cool and also look as if they would do their job😃

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DuncMan said:

I hope they’re good mate. I wasn’t patient enough to wait and ordered two today! 😆

@r6realtor I blame you for this. Just cost me a 100 bucks! 😳 Nice bike setup mate. 

Well, two arrived and installed one (dead easy, although the can is too wide to overlap the strap as suggested in the instructions, but they fit tight and well.

Not sure about a second on my particular can, so will have a play later.

@r6realtor it's all your fault 😝

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DuncMan said:

Over here the Akrapovic exhaust is about a $1200 upgrade so I figured a $100 insurance wasn’t a bad deal. And they definitely look cool! 👍

wow! yeah I already decided to not go crazy on an exhaust this time around because I knew I would dump it on that side at some point. I have always gone crazy on my street bikes with exhaust and spent more than I'd like to admit but with all the sand we have here it's just a matter of time before it would be smashing that expensive exhaust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnsey said:

Well, two arrived and installed one (dead easy, although the can is too wide to overlap the strap as suggested in the instructions, but they fit tight and well.

Not sure about a second on my particular can, so will have a play later.

@r6realtor it's all your fault 😝

Unknown.jpeg

it looks good! Just throw the second one on and see how it looks(post a pic) or did you already try that and decide you didn't like it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, r6realtor said:

it looks good! Just throw the second one on and see how it looks(post a pic) or did you already try that and decide you didn't like it?

To be fair, as mentioned, these things are soooo expensive, I don't want to cover the logo 😬 so I am happy the one installed will protect sufficiently on a tip over. Vain, I know...

Two look brilliant on yours, but on a bigger, stainless finish, I am sticking with one.

I have initiated a return to Amazon, but it hasn't been posted yet, so time to have second thoughts 🤣

2 hours ago, Burnsey said:

To be fair, as mentioned, these things are soooo expensive, I don't want to cover the logo 😬 so I am happy the one installed will protect sufficiently on a tip over. Vain, I know...

Two look brilliant on yours, but on a bigger, stainless finish, I am sticking with one.

I have initiated a return to Amazon, but it hasn't been posted yet, so time to have second thoughts 🤣

No totally understandable, it looks good and I wouldn't want to cover it either👍👍

• Like 1

Got my front wheel today. Mounted a tubeless Tractionator GPS on a 2.15” rim with safety humps and outex. Sealed good and no soap bubbles so far. Still waiting for the rear to be delivered. I should have never ordered Haan hubs. 

6AE9E567-AB3B-4F88-9FD3-62464EA50D70.jpeg

B295E8FC-D1A4-4FAF-AB14-7263D3C3E088.jpeg

B9688FF6-45C2-46DD-9879-933F089980B0.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DuncMan said:

My bike is in the workshop today trying to sort the ruddy headlight out so whilst the guards will arrive today I won't have the bike to mount them. What I've done is to order an replacement decal so I can mount both guards and have the decal in the centre between the two. I'm hoping that will look good whilst affording the extra protection.

Due to the choice of end can and the silly 'kink', that doesn't work for me. Well, not so I'll be happy, but yes, a solution for sure.

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 1

• Members

CamelADV anti-wobble braces and a little JBWeld makeover for the swing arm.

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.14.40 PM.jpg

Edited by RobR
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DuncMan said:

OK, mine’s done!

99493DE2-76B8-471E-A052-83A0300BF00F.thumb.jpeg.09e893396a3281a2f68bf8e12b6c7acf.jpeg

The important thing is they will do their job well, but I am going to stick with my own solution.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

My main concern was that one might not afford the silencer adequate protection, mate.

100% agree and as gutted as I'd be, I am not going to baby the thing, so will take a risk - alternative is to keep it upright 🤣

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 6:45 PM, Canzvt said:

Looks like you have the Yamaha Engine guards. Where did you pick up those little bags?

Aliexpress: 

I like them a lot, actually.  They're sturdy, reasonably water resistant, and bigger than you'd imagine.  

On 10/24/2021 at 2:53 PM, Burnsey said:

Are they 6 0r 12L on the base?

On 10/23/2021 at 1:44 AM, r6realtor said:

Installed 4 out of 5 of my new Kriega bags today, 2 on the rear tenere 700 os base and 2 on the outback motortek crash bars. I haven't installed the universal tank mount with us5 bag yet.

2082775233_kriegabags.jpg.615f7443b9d6ba0836808e7579bfb10b.jpg1507667082_kriegabags1.jpg.72f39d95027b45d552856964699a4fbf.jpg1624109322_kriegabags2.jpg.3b0aa8a38eb8e83d2747c63e8e54abba.jpg

That the tenere specific base then, and a rally seat? Fit ok? This is a possibility. Reckon they’d go over my andystrapz frames? I’m stuck on best arrangement for it. Choice is huge but I’d like to offer them all up first. 

F232A9CD-57D7-454B-9FBB-DE72F4FCBD12.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dougie said:

That the tenere specific base then, and a rally seat? Fit ok? This is a possibility. Reckon they’d go over my andystrapz frames? I’m stuck on best arrangement for it. Choice is huge but I’d like to offer them all up first. 

F232A9CD-57D7-454B-9FBB-DE72F4FCBD12.jpeg

They are the os6 bags and yes the T7 specific base which fits perfectly, it's a little tight putting it on with the yamaha rally seat because its a little taller but fits perfect.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Aliexpress: 

I like them a lot, actually.  They're sturdy, reasonably water resistant, and bigger than you'd imagine.  

Thanks! Appreciate it!

I think I have Yamaha disease...

6 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Aliexpress: 

Dang, those look really cool and only ~$30USD. $140 to ship though, ouch!

5 hours ago, sethwaterfall said:

Dang, those look really cool and only ~$30USD. $140 to ship though, ouch!

Free shipping if you get the right one.  There's a bunch of different sellers selling these, and it's pretty trivial to find a free shipping option.  

Also, my link is probably still in CAD$, as that's what I shop in.  Mine where $30 Canadian with free shipping.  Just go to AliExpress.com, search for Tenere 700 crash bar bags, and click "free shipping".

Also, some sellers will offer to ship from a variety of different countries, with different shipping costs for each.

Edited by Wintersdark

Finished up mounting my Huzar high exhaust to the Heed crash bars, a pair of cheap led flush mount indicators to avoid melting the stock pumpkins, and mounted a Tutoro auto oiler for the chain.  Pretty happy with the lot.  I'd prefer the TST flushmounts but shipping costs are nearly $50 Canadian, so I need to have enough of an order from them for that to make sense.  They'll do for now.

20211028_211337.thumb.jpg.d38b64b668045eaf3842b7e01d4d62db.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex Guillén said:

Hello!

I want to show you the decoration and protection sticker from Uniracing.

You can choose between 3 colors for full kit and some other scratch saver kits.

If you use the code TENERETEAM you will get a 15% discount.

Portada-foro-T7.thumb.jpg.bf6d8afc7ec1ba5a7f7cdf2a94005af7.jpg

Kits for Yamaha TENERE 700

Had one in my basket, but 13 Euro for shipping stickers to the UK is just too much.

Edited by Burnsey