Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

25 minutes ago, Boondocker said:

I read your article but have a question. It seems implied by your video and text but I couldn't confirm on the Kisan website - does the modulator only activate when high beam is on? 

Yes, the modulator ONLY activates when the high beam is on. It is off  when low beam is on OR when it gets dark, like dusk to dawn and rainy overcast. Note that depending on where you place the optical sensor, the headlights of a car or truck following you could tell the unit it is "day time" and it will start modulating- I have had that happen on rare occasions. when it has, I change lane position or switch to low beam until that vehicle behind me  passes or I move ahead or move over. I can recall about 3x in 17 years when that has happened. 

• Like 1

Got the T7 a little dirty today chasing a pair of DRz400s and a KTM 500 through 100 fun miles of PA state forest roads, over lots of leaves wet from a heavy rain overnight. Confirmed too that after 5,700 miles it's time to retire the OEM Pirellis and install the pair of AX41s that have been waiting in the garage. I swear this bike gets better with every ride.

20211112_115632.thumb.jpg.d0c59655bc7537d0519b506014ef450a.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Boyca said:

Perhaps not all today but I'm finally sort of finished with all the adjustments.

I installed the HEED basic crashbar set, barkbusters vps and the Oxford heated grips.

The HEED crashbars were incredibly easy to install and the quality is just outstanding for the price. it's a single solid piece welded together, 3 attachment points on each side and only to the frame of the bike, no engine mounting which in my opinion is a safer bet. It's nicely powder coated and I think the total weight comes at around 13lbs/6kg. 

The barkbusters were easy to install besides the fact that I need a spacer on both end weights to prevent the most outer screw bolt to lodge itself stuck into the zinc spacer that screws into the handlebar. Absolute pain in the ass to get that back out once it was lodged. Also lost a 4th tiny screw to attach the little extendable flap on the vps wind guards. Pretty sure I swallowed it by accident because it's gone.

The oxfords were a true pain in the ass, I have a thread going on about it. Simply put, the instructions advice to use plenty of glue when it's a tight fit and so I did. Then it turned out my throttle tube got glued pretty much shut. Super sticky and basically a cursed cruise control. Still trying to fix it, made lots of progress already but might need to take everything apart again. Clutch side was a breeze to install.

20211112_140225.jpg

20211112_132705.jpg

i cut a piece of bakerpaper / foil and put it in between to easily remove it after to make sure it would not cure to the wrong parts.

I put the new stickers on.
It took a bit longer to get it in and complete the right way but Thursday i had it all in and today i put it on.
I still have to fabricate something to strap the rear side of the Reckless bags to but i did find a temporary way to fix the R40. The Stinger 8 i used until now was just a little too small for daily use (don't have a car).

Ohw yeah... i also made him dirty already.

IMG_20211113_160630.thumb.jpg.9e3c74858f70d5bb125fa313e7717df0.jpg

IMG_20211113_160610.thumb.jpg.7f97a424db76052f63e9fec25d0e674a.jpg

IMG_20211113_160643.thumb.jpg.c7b4fbb878b12d5eae55f98e85006f19.jpg

IMG_20211113_160615.thumb.jpg.bb61df467aa54bcb461147a5a6efec68.jpg

IMG_20211113_160654.thumb.jpg.ce353780cef9b8791e8ae131ab5da131.jpg

IMG_20211113_160600.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/11/2021 at 1:48 PM, NeilW said:

I just installed the Kisan pathBlazer headlight modulator ( Legal in the USA and Canada) - easy install. Right under the front right panel. 

It is a new part for them.  P115W-YT6. 

I won't ride on the street without a headlight modulator. Been riding with a Kisan modulator for 17 years.

Hey Neil, That is very interesting. Does it only modulate front lights or rear as well? I will have to check if it is legal in Australia. Cheers mate.

18 minutes ago, Allen Kelly said:

Hey Neil, That is very interesting. Does it only modulate front lights or rear as well? I will have to check if it is legal in Australia. Cheers mate.

As far as I know it is only legal in the US and Canada. The path blazer only modulates the headlight. The trailblazer does the rear and it might be legal in Australia 

Tail light deceleration warning for Motorcycles! Kisan... The #1 Trusted Name in Tail Light Modulation!

Covered a cracking 200 miles around Wales today to tip me over the 600 mile mark.

Low seat was no less comfortable than standard, although it feels like a plank?! Cool cover may be helping? Bike is much more stable for me and my little legs now.

ACF50 application tomorrow.

• Like 3

Did the first serious ride just over 600km.
Was planning to go to the North Cape in July with the T7 (also have a Crosstourer) and wanted to test the T7 on a full day riding with a mix of highway and small roads.
Unexpected did some offroad as well and now confident to take on the ScanBaltic tour coming July.
Maybe even sell the CT because the only thing i miss is the cruise control but for the rest i have more fun with the T7 mostly because of the weight difference, it's just more playfull and offroad the 75kg is a very big difference.

• Like 1

I booked the 600 mile service 😝

I had my car detailer do a really deep clean, correct some of the swirled plastics and add some ceramic coating I had spare from the car and ACF50 the other parts. Now ready for our crap winter. I'm not precious about the plastics, so the coat was more to make the dirt stick less and easier to remove, especially in hard to reach areas, so a quick power blast will remove most. After a few crap attempts to stick protection film on the rear panels I gave up and if they ever bother me that much I can always swap them out.

Noticed a panel bolt missing already and have reported the display freeze I had recently. I'm going to ask them to fit the ASV brake and clutch levers I picked up recently and also activate the spare USB point.

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 5

Good lord, they did a REALLY good job.  My bikes - even road bikes - are never anywhere near that clean even when I've just spent a good hour hand washing them on a nice sunny day.  

Now I don't feel anywhere near as bad about just not bothering to wash them anymore and hosing them off when really crusty.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I installed this plug on each side of the bike to rid me of the unsightly bolt that holds the two halves of the bike together.  17 bucks Canadian plus the governments share.  20211112_073812.thumb.jpg.83bed56f46147d57a6013c2e47a0efa2.jpg20211112_073819.thumb.jpg.57c73823a1c174e239e92db76157ccda.jpg

Edited by Landshark
  • Like 4

FedEx just showed up with my Seat Concepts. Can’t wait to jump in it for an all day evaluation.  One of the most anticipated parts I am adding onto the UltimateMotorcycling.com Tenere 700 project bike. 
0F6EEA52-E152-4A9B-A38D-51180E6F53E8.thumb.jpeg.26e2aa27317fad44e5ecb71a77e95b6b.jpeg

• Like 2

I surveyed the damage from my first off road ride and did some zip tie stitching 

T7_Damage.jpg

Also compared the rear tires. Will be putting a Motoz on once the TKC wears down a bit more.

T7_Tires.jpg

Edited by ejfranz
  • Like 2

Welcome to the forum @ejfranz.  I hope you found the Yamaha emblem that was ripped off. 😁  The Motoz tire looks aggressive enough.  Especially for the forestry service roads North of Maple Ridge.  And the amount of rain you folks got lately, maybe you should have bought a canoe with nice paddles. 😀  

With all the BC riders on this site, maybe we could do a BC Rally of sorts.

Edited by Landshark

6 minutes ago, Landshark said:

Welcome to the forum @ejfranz.  I hope you found the Yamaha emblem that was ripped off. 😁  The Motoz tire looks aggressive enough.  Especially for the forestry service roads North of Maple Ridge.  And the amount of rain you folks got lately, maybe you should have bought a canoe with nice paddles. 😀  

With all the BC riders on this site, maybe we could do a BC Rally of sorts.

Own 2 canoes and 2 kayaks. Still need to head back out to look for the emblem, but expecting rain today so maybe tomorrow. 
There is an adventure gathering held in Vernon each year in October if you are interested.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ejfranz said:

Own 2 canoes and 2 kayaks. Still need to head back out to look for the emblem, but expecting rain today so maybe tomorrow. 
There is an adventure gathering held in Vernon each year in October if you are interested.

Do you have any info or a link for the Vernon adventure?  Sounds like fun to me!

Spoiler

First service.

Dealer forgot to order the usb point and the ASV levers I bought don’t fit with hand guards, so that all went to sh1t.

1 hour ago, DuncMan said:

Hate when that kind of stuff happens. 

Retailer won't take them back as I have no foam from the packaging, so even though they sold them to me AFTER the Acerbis, that's a couple of hundred quid down the drain.

Ordered the Puig short levers to cheer me up, so see if they fit.

When I got home, realised the dealer had left their paddock stand bobbins in place, so I'll have them thanks.

Punishment for being sloppy.

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Landshark said:

I hope to make it there in 22'.  This seems like the ticket to a great time with like minded individuals.  Thanks for the link.

There were a lot of KTM riders from Alberta there in 2020. I did not make it this year asI was in PEI.

Edited by ejfranz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

Did you Chuck the foam? They should still take them back. I don’t believe damaged or missing packaging is an excuse not to accept a return. 

I did (unusual for me) and the bins have been emptied.

To be fair, they can’t resell without the foam, as it’s a major part of the packaging, but I’ll flog them for a loss and they lose me as a customer.

Not arsed in arguing with them to be honest, reviews are an amazing tool.