Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Drop your random ride pics

Ray Ride4life

Some riding pics from this weekend up in Murphy, IDIRHQ6137.JPG.426b781a436eb1123f3a1720afc32a0f.JPGIKTG7037.JPG.b4570ce097eab47280783ff4f392995c.JPG

Edited by TheoremX
  • Like 6

France for a Week, Normandy and Brittany, superb !!

257B0AB2-60E2-475D-A64E-D89EBA7DC893.jpeg

40C6132C-A9DA-48DD-AB99-DAB6D6EB9D4C.jpeg

• Like 5

Dunno why it went black…

C04BDE67-FED5-4B6D-A5EE-4C09E73D56F8.jpeg

Edited by DanDoesStunts
  • Like 6

Tool her out for a personal memory ride for @Ray Ride4life - just after 10.000km/6000mi service.

Needless to say she had no issues!

Nice restaurant serving fresh trout in a tiny village, quite close to the Belgian border:

20230720_130310.jpg.3f15ec46c42f4a222111ebc058ede16b.jpg

20230720_124626.jpg.00b975f8ee97b542a3bd2673574792b2.jpg

Hitting 10.000 km in a forest in Belgium:

20230720_142405.jpg.df802759dfff7dbc6394ed5fb7a3e271.jpg

Stopping at the western opencast coal mines:

20230720_153840.jpg.2f4c576e56d8b555a5ff549608912da1.jpg

It's a shame how many old villages (some of them well over 500 years old) were torn down for coal mining. But think about the possibilities for an offroad rider once the mines are closed...

Waiting for the ferry over the Rhine (almost home):

20230720_170130.jpg.f93ffdf2267d503977c6745dca38969f.jpg

Video:

• Like 7

@DanDoesStunts Too many deer around my area to enjoy riding at night

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Took the bike out, first time (light) off roading and nearly dropped it! 😂 Must get better! I’m going on a big ride in a month! Stay safe everyone.

DSC00097.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Green String said:

Took the bike out, first time (light) off roading and nearly dropped it! 😂 Must get better! I’m going on a big ride in a month! Stay safe everyone.

DSC00097.jpeg

Don't worry, it'll work next time (the dropping). Just keep trying 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Agreed! It took me a few times to get there, but I'm now rather experienced in dropping my bike... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Hahah, I’m sure it will…just need to practice picking it up several times a day!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Green String said:

Hahah, I’m sure it will…just need to practice picking it up several times a day!

That's indeed the most important reason against dropping it 😂

5 hours ago, Green String said:

DSC00097.jpeg

@Green String  'Nearly dropped it" ?   

33 minutes ago, NeilW said:

@Green String  'Nearly dropped it" ?   

Yeah, like not dropping it fully, but catching the bike before it goes fully horizontal…nearly dropping it…if you know what I mean?

Yeah, like not dropping it fully, but catching the bike before it goes fully horizontal…nearly dropping it…if you know what I mean?

You must be tall AND strong. If I am on the bike and it goes past about 30 degrees from vertical- it’s down. So you are talking about TipOver and not losing the front end while moving. I dropped mine the first time within 24 hours of picking it up. And then 10x in the next 6 months. Only dropped it 1x in the last 1.5 years and that was on purpose to test the Eastbound MotoWinch…which is a must have for us weaklings. IMG_7762.jpeg.078527c7de33e6c9e9fd7ab460314ba2.jpegIMG_7763.jpeg.502ceffe02c18034bfddb0bb7c8b9c7c.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeilW said:

You must be tall AND strong. If I am on the bike and it goes past about 30 degrees from vertical- it’s down. So you are talking about TipOver and not losing the front end while moving. I dropped mine the first time within 24 hours of picking it up. And then 10x in the next 6 months. Only dropped it 1x in the last 1.5 years and that was on purpose to test the Eastbound MotoWinch…which is a must have for us weaklings. IMG_7762.jpeg.078527c7de33e6c9e9fd7ab460314ba2.jpegIMG_7763.jpeg.502ceffe02c18034bfddb0bb7c8b9c7c.jpeg

Agree Neil. I can pick her up maybe three or four times a day, if the ground is even and firm. Otherwise, chances I can do it alone dramatically decrease.

I recommend NOT trying to catch her if she goes beyond said 30 degrees or so. Too big and top-heavy, you'll most likely get your knee twisted (if you're lucky).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NeilW said:

OK Neil, yes I am talking about a tip over (which results in dropping it) forgive my poor explanation. You’re absolutely right I’ve dropped my GS many a time on the Trans Euro Trail and quickly learned to bail out as that thing is over a quarter of a ton in weight. Was thinking about getting an Eastbound moto winch ( I’ve got their trail Jack and a couple of other goodies) but I’m sort of put off with the idea of even more stuff I have to carry “just encase”. I’ll probably regret that decision but hey-ho. Admittedly I need to practice picking the bike up. I found the GS easy to pick up solo but naturally the T7 lies flat making the weight advantage null and void. Still practice makes perfect. Stay safe mate and thanks for the tips. 👍🏼🇺🇸🇬🇧

• Like 1

OK Neil, yes I am talking about a tip over (which results in dropping it) forgive my poor explanation. You’re absolutely right I’ve dropped my GS many a time on the Trans Euro Trail and quickly learned to bail out as that thing is over a quarter of a ton in weight. Was thinking about getting an Eastbound moto winch ( I’ve got their trail Jack and a couple of other goodies) but I’m sort of put off with the idea of even more stuff I have to carry “just encase”. I’ll probably regret that decision but hey-ho. Admittedly I need to practice picking the bike up. I found the GS easy to pick up solo but naturally the T7 lies flat making the weight advantage null and void. Still practice makes perfect. Stay safe mate and thanks for the tips. 👍🏼🇺🇸🇬🇧

Ha- my just in case is literally everything I carry. I have several riding friends that take me along only because I replace a chase truck ! Better to have and not need than not have and need….

• Like 1

Went on a ride with a mate in the Ardennes in Belgium - ride was going well, little bit of rain, nice calm roads, not very busy - great views.

When riden home the rain came down hard, being totally wet 25km before getting home.

When parking the bike I noticed that a little bit of oil was gathering on the floor - investigated and it seems that the clutch cover is weeping a bit - so making an appointment asap to get this resolved.

20230723_160538.jpg

20230723_164513.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/24/2023 at 1:09 PM, Green String said:

I'm another weakling, and being short and these T7 too tall, it doesn't take much for the bike to get past beyond what i can reasonably catch.   So i learned to just let it go, maybe sometimes prematurely.  So i invested in a motowinch for my solo trips.    And you are right the T7 lies so flat and makes it terrible to pick up espcially with a full tank.  With the motowinch, I only need to pick up the bike enough (like how a GS will lay down) with the motowinch and then it's easy to get it up. 

The other plus is that it's easy to drop the bike and have your leg pinned, happened to me once but thankfully got riding buddies to pick the bike up for me.   It's a good 4.5lbs, so i will likely leave it home when traveling in group.

-- 

oh this is a random ride pic thread. here's mine leaning over a wall while curing the stickweld to patch the stator cover hole i got from one of many drops

20230624_151804.jpg

Edited by kdeleon
adding pic
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, kdeleon said:

I'm another weakling, and being short and these T7 too tall, it doesn't take much for the bike to get past beyond what i can reasonably catch.   So i learned to just let it go, maybe sometimes prematurely.  So i invested in a motowinch for my solo trips.    And you are right the T7 lies so flat and makes it terrible to pick up espcially with a full tank.  With the motowinch, I only need to pick up the bike enough (like how a GS will lay down) with the motowinch and then it's easy to get it up. 

The other plus is that it's easy to drop the bike and have your leg pinned, happened to me once but thankfully got riding buddies to pick the bike up for me.   It's a good 4.5lbs, so i will likely leave it home when traveling in group.

Mmmm, I think I might get one now! Damn it more expense😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Green String said:

7 minutes ago, Green String said:

It is worth the price. especially if the bike is laying on your leg and you are alone! 

Make sure to strap the kit where it is reachable even if you are pinned.

The Motowinch is not just for being "weak". You could hurt a knee or wrist or tweak your back when going down and you could be a muscle man/person and be stuck not able to pick up your bike.  It isn't hard to figure out how to use it but when you get it, try it at home so you know how it works.  If it is dark and raining and you are hurt, practice will be appreciated.  Safe riding!

• Like 3

Today I went for a ride around some of the TET in the peak district. Some parts were pretty challenging but the Tenere handled it like a champ.

_35A53601.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/27/2023 at 11:34 AM, NeilW said:

It is worth the price. especially if the bike is laying on your leg and you are alone! 

Make sure to strap the kit where it is reachable even if you are pinned.

The Motowinch is not just for being "weak". You could hurt a knee or wrist or tweak your back when going down and you could be a muscle man/person and be stuck not able to pick up your bike.  It isn't hard to figure out how to use it but when you get it, try it at home so you know how it works.  If it is dark and raining and you are hurt, practice will be appreciated.  Safe riding!

I mount mine here in the middle so I can reach it if I am pinned IMG_7816.jpeg.565730cd0b73992c5afb1f24ae3d5a4f.jpeg

• Like 2