Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Limey said:

Not nice stealing his design and posting on his page.

Exactly this. Pay attention as to which thread one is posting in. Vendors pay a premium to be listed on this forum and their threads are in essence their store front. When someone posts a competing product or copy of said product,  you are essentially putting your ad in the front window of someone else's paid space! Don't do it!

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Watched the updated video from Cory about the issues he is having with UPS. NO PROBLEM AT ALL FOR ME CORY!

It isn't your fault, and if anybody bitches about selling stuff before you had in hand, chances are, they are the same people bitching you weren't getting it out soon enough!

I ordered a set of Highway Dirtbike  Handguards. Chad shipped them to me on the 29th. Arrived in Den 2 JAN, next update, 7 JAN is they are at a different facility, still  in Denver and the tracking today says, still last update 7 JAN,  "Your delivery will be late"--

It's winter, waiting a few more weeks is cool with me. Thanks for the effort, communication and making cool products Cory

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, Firebolter said:

Watched the updated video from Cory about the issues he is having with UPS. NO PROBLEM AT ALL FOR ME CORY!

It isn't your fault, and if anybody bitches about selling stuff before you had in hand, chances are, they are the same people bitching you weren't getting it out soon enough!

I ordered a set of Highway Dirtbike  Handguards. Chad shipped them to me on the 29th. Arrived in Den 2 JAN, next update, 7 JAN is they are at a different facility, still  in Denver and the tracking today says, still last update 7 JAN,  "Your delivery will be late"--

It's winter, waiting a few more weeks is cool with me. Thanks for the effort, communication and making cool products Cory

We waited to put the pre-sale up until the parts had arrived in port so there would be no surprises... well, surprise, they haven't moved in a month : (

I appreciate your patience and understanding. It's been extremely frustrating trying to get this sorted out. To have the address where the freight is/was sitting, knowing that's cleared customs but having no way to get it is driving me mad. 

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Corry,

Thank you for update!

I don't mind delay at all if I can get mine before spring😂

(BTW as you may notice, you should use BCC, not CC for bulk email. I don't care much, but some people does.)

cheers🤘

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

IMG_0031.jpg

Nice looking work.

But I think I'm more impressed by the level of anal-retentiveness it takes to stack those beauties in such a bewitching ensemble. Take my wallet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Camel ADV what is the width of the tank, roughly? 

Mike

edit to say. No wonder I couldn’t find where I asked this, I meant to ask it in the camel tank thread.

getting old is hard......

Edited by MikeCMP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

A few quick Qs:

1. The reason europeans want one to be compatible with wings/akra is «just» because they might have to show the bike to the DMV?

2. Would the bike need a retune after this exhaust mod?

3. Havent ‘broken’ in the engine yet, because of winter- would it matter if one did so with the stock exhaust or any aftermarket one?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, JayD said:

A few quick Qs:

1. The reason europeans want one to be compatible with wings/akra is «just» because they might have to show the bike to the DMV?

3. Havent ‘broken’ in the engine yet, because of winter- would it matter if one did so with the stock exhaust or any aftermarket one?

Thanks!

1. Here in the UK, the exhaust has to be indelibly marked with “BS AU 193/T2”, “BS AU 193a: 1990/T2” or “BS AU 193a: 1990/T3” indicating that it designed, constructed and tested to the relevant standards (for noise levels) in order for it to pass inspection (known in the UK as an MOT), which is why we are being a bit anal about it.

Some (most) of us wont have a problem with running a non-marked exhaust because we could just refit the stock one for the MOT, trouble is this kit makes it harder to do that because you need to cut off the stock hanger. 

There is also the risk of getting stopped by the police and ticketed. 

I suspect the same applies to other countries in the EU, since we're all hail to Brussel's in terms of regulations (well we were until Brexit!)

2. According to @2 Wheel DynoWorks aftermarket cans on their own make next to no-difference in terms of tune (there's a post somewhere else on the forum about it with dyno-charts comparing results). If you start to get into de-cat headers and intake mods then it'll be a different story. I doubt whether the extra little bit of length to the link pipe for the high-mount will make much difference.  (I won't get into the other reasons for needing a re-tune even in stock form).

3. Given 2, I personally wouldn't worry about running an aftermarket can during break-in.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JayD said:

A few quick Qs:

Thanks!

I added a Leo Vonce slip on to mine with 100 miles on it no issues to date with 3600 miles on the clock. I even ran it for several 100 miles with baffle out.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CReamflourish said:

1. Here in the UK, the exhaust has to be indelibly marked with “BS AU 193/T2”, “BS AU 193a: 1990/T2” or “BS AU 193a: 1990/T3” indicating that it designed, constructed and tested to the relevant standards (for noise levels) in order for it to pass inspection (known in the UK as an MOT), which is why we are being a bit anal about it.

Some (most) of us wont have a problem with running a non-marked exhaust because we could just refit the stock one for the MOT, trouble is this kit makes it harder to do that because you need to cut off the stock hanger. 

There is also the risk of getting stopped by the police and ticketed. 

I suspect the same applies to other countries in the EU, since we're all hail to Brussel's in terms of regulations (well we were until Brexit!)

2. According to @2 Wheel DynoWorks aftermarket cans on their own make next to no-difference in terms of tune (there's a post somewhere else on the forum about it with dyno-charts comparing results). If you start to get into de-cat headers and intake mods then it'll be a different story. I doubt whether the extra little bit of length to the link pipe for the high-mount will make much difference.  (I won't get into the other reasons for needing a re-tune even in stock form).

3. Given 2, I personally wouldn't worry about running an aftermarket can during break-in.

Cheers, Mike

Thanks a bunch for your thorough answer, Mike!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
7 hours ago, JayD said:

Thanks a bunch for your thorough answer, Mike!

To clarify, the performance to the wheel won't change in any significant way from one muffler to another, BUT optimal fuel mapping from one muffler to another does vary somewhat. This is why we have custom mapping built for every single one of them that we've been able to get our hands on (which is most of them that are available at this point)!

-2WDW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2wheellogo.jpg

Hi everibody,
I wrote to the yamaha customers service and spoke with the dealer, trying to understand warranty implications.

Eventually, it would be great we could switch back to the original muffler, just in case...
If camel adv provided a second clamp to remount the original muffler, the problem would be solved.
My dealer's answer was something like "I don't care, just re-mount the original muffler and bring the bike".
Finger crossed, I fed up with the original one and its continuous bending!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quolet said:

Hi everibody,
I wrote to the yamaha customers service and spoke with the dealer, trying to understand warranty implications.

Eventually, it would be great we could switch back to the original muffler, just in case...
If camel adv provided a second clamp to remount the original muffler, the problem would be solved.
My dealer's answer was something like "I don't care, just re-mount the original muffler and bring the bike".
Finger crossed, I fed up with the original one and its continuous bending!

@Camel ADV

We need Reattach Bracket😃

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, bikeever said:

@Camel ADV

We need Reattach Bracket😃

A few people have brought it up. It's certainly possible but it would have to be a part to buy separately as I don't think most people would need it or be willing to pay for it with the kit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mad keen too find out if this will work with the Rally Raid soft panniers racks

if anyone makes it work please post up 

Edited by Stujamur
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

A few people have brought it up. It's certainly possible but it would have to be a part to buy separately as I don't think most people would need it or be willing to pay for it with the kit.

I’ll buy everything! Price?

Edited by Quolet

On 1/19/2021 at 12:55 PM, 2 Wheel DynoWorks said:

To clarify, the performance to the wheel won't change in any significant way from one muffler to another, BUT optimal fuel mapping from one muffler to another does vary somewhat. This is why we have custom mapping built for every single one of them that we've been able to get our hands on (which is most of them that are available at this point)!

-2WDW

Ah, then the question remains @2 Wheel DynoWorks , have you got your hands on & developed any custom fuel mapping for the belching Camel muffler yet?

• Supporting Vendor
52 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Ah, then the question remains @2 Wheel DynoWorks , have you got your hands on & developed any custom fuel mapping for the belching Camel muffler yet?

They've commented a few times in various places that there's very little difference in tuning for stock vs basically any aftermarket muffler. The big gains are made at the header/CAT. @2 Wheel DynoWorks has my ECU now, we'll see what they come up with.

8 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

They've commented a few times in various places that there's very little difference in tuning for stock vs basically any aftermarket muffler. The big gains are made at the header/CAT. @2 Wheel DynoWorks has my ECU now, we'll see what they come up with.

Understood from the resultant performance aspect, though reading from their post that “optimal fuel mapping from one muffler to another does vary somewhat” created  the question. 
  My ECU will be heading south soon too, though I snoozed & lost on the presale ordering of your currently  “sold out”exhaust.
 I won’t ask you to explain how that’s going or when you’ll be caught up & shipping. No doubt there’s plenty enough of that going on to keep you in the shop instead of answering repeat questions online.

• Supporting Vendor
34 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Understood from the resultant performance aspect, though reading from their post that “optimal fuel mapping from one muffler to another does vary somewhat” created  the question. 
  My ECU will be heading south soon too, though I snoozed & lost on the presale ordering of your currently  “sold out”exhaust.
 I won’t ask you to explain how that’s going or when you’ll be caught up & shipping. No doubt there’s plenty enough of that going on to keep you in the shop instead of answering repeat questions online.

Getting bent over by UPS is what's happening. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

We're all getting bent over by UPS is what's happening. 

Absurdly brutal, dude. Modern inconvenience at it’s covid finest. 
  Hang it there & don’t blow any exhaust gaskets getting through it. I’d offer to whip over on the ferry from the island & hijack that sea can for ya if it hadn’t rolled east already. How bizarre is that??

My order will join the pile once you get things sorted.

On another note, I’ll be keen to hear your impression of this ECU flash when yours returns. 
  The current shipping & mail overload debacle has delayed sending mine south lately for fears it will get caught in the backlog parcel pile too.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
25 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Absurdly brutal, dude. Modern inconvenience at it’s covid finest. 
  Hang it there & don’t blow any exhaust gaskets getting through it. I’d offer to whip over on the ferry from the island & hijack that sea can for ya if it hadn’t rolled east already. How bizarre is that??

My order will join the pile once you get things sorted.

On another note, I’ll be keen to hear your impression of this ECU flash when yours returns. 
  The current shipping & mail overload debacle has delayed sending mine south lately for fears it will get caught in the backlog parcel pile too.

It's awful. I email them almost daily, usually they don't even reply.

As far as the ECU flash, 2WDW did our other T7. It's totally worth the $$ IMO. There isn't a huge peak power gain but the bike is snappier through out the RPM range, it's not as snatchy just off idle, runs cooler (richer mixture) and they tweaked the temp setting where the fan kicks in so it doesn't run so f'n hot. Highly recommended.

• Like 4