Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Moderators
On 12/14/2020 at 8:02 PM, Camel ADV said:

It was a spur of the moment video, just shot on my phone. I didn't get bust out the external audio equipment like I normally do.

No belching Camel sign-off leads one to believe that wasn't really you. Stunt double perhaps? 😉

• Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
1 minute ago, AZJW said:

No belching Camel sign-off leads one to believe that wasn't really you. Stunt double perhaps? 😉

Seems weird to add 20secs worth of bumpers to a 60 sec video.

• Haha 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor
6 hours ago, Rilsan said:

@Camel ADV do you know if the Enduristan blizzard L  luggage will fit with the high mount exhaust ?  Thx

Any of the rackless luggage systems will fit. I would suggest putting something like the ADV Spec or Rally Raid soft bag mounts under it though.

• Like 1

It looks like the Wings exhaust is a little farther away from the turn signal too.

• Like 1

@Camel ADV did you get in any of the pannier racks you had on order? Curious if you had a chance to test compatibility yet.

As a side note curious what ones you ordered for testing, and if you are planning to run any of them on your bike long term.

Mike

• Supporting Vendor
11 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

@Camel ADV did you get in any of the pannier racks you had on order? Curious if you had a chance to test compatibility yet.

As a side note curious what ones you ordered for testing, and if you are planning to run any of them on your bike long term.

Mike

Touratech, SW Motech, two styles of Outback Motorteck. None of them are here yet.

I like to keep my bikes as lean as I can so I doubt I'll run any full time. I'll likely install them if I'm doing a full load ADV trip and take them off for local riding.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Touratech, SW Motech, two styles of Outback Motorteck. None of them are here yet.

I like to keep my bikes as lean as I can so I doubt I'll run any full time. I'll likely install them if I'm doing a full load ADV trip and take them off for local riding.

Guess that means I might still end up being the test dummy for the high exhaust and rally raid racks.

@Camel ADV do you have an idea of how we could check compatibility a little easier? Is there a set of measurements we could make to confirm fitment - cutting the hanger off would be fairly permanent. If I will need spacers or something would be good to get a handle on that. was trying again to see the back from your pictures. 

I was thinking I could take a straight on picture from, the back and mark up some measurements relative to the tail tidy or something. 

Mike

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, MikeCMP said:

Guess that means I might still end up being the test dummy for the high exhaust and rally raid racks.

@Camel ADV do you have an idea of how we could check compatibility a little easier? Is there a set of measurements we could make to confirm fitment - cutting the hanger off would be fairly permanent. If I will need spacers or something would be good to get a handle on that. was trying again to see the back from your pictures. 

I was thinking I could take a straight on picture from, the back and mark up some measurements relative to the tail tidy or something. 

Mike

This is what I have for relevant photos. Obviously, it's the AS racks not the RR units but it might give you a better idea.

IMG_5481.jpeg

IMG_5459.jpeg

IMG_5461.jpeg

IMG_5480.jpeg

• Like 1

Th aks @Camel ADV  really appreciate the photos those are good angles. Do you know, in those vertical shots, how far out the exhaust and tanks extend past the plastic? Looking at some pictures of my bike I think both will work with the rally raid racks, it’s been below 20F here but warming today so I will get to my barns and can figure out the measurements 

Mike

14 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

This is what I have for relevant photos. Obviously, it's the AS racks not the RR units but it might give you a better idea.

IMG_5481.jpeg

IMG_5459.jpeg

IMG_5461.jpeg

IMG_5480.jpeg

How did you make your steg pegz? Could really use a set of those

4 hours ago, Xtina said:

I'm interested as well.

• Supporting Vendor
17 minutes ago, Xtina said:

I believe Steg Pegz has a kit for the T7 in testing now. Mine are just aluminum angle with some left over Steg pucks. 

• Thanks 2

• Supporting Vendor

Some ongoing heat cycle testing... heat red-hot, dump in cold water, repeat. We can't have customer's pipes cracking when they cross creeks 😉

The heel guards appear to work well, red-hot pipe but much cooler guards:

IMG_7399.jpeg

IMG_7402.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Some ongoing heat cycle testing... heat red-hot, dump in cold water, repeat. We can't have customer's pipes cracking when they cross creeks 😉

The heel guards appear to work well, red-hot pipe but much cooler guards:

IMG_7399.jpeg

IMG_7402.jpeg

I’ve seen mention of this on the internet is it a common problem? I’ve never had it happen to me but I understand the process that would make it happen.

I would expect the lemon headers to crack before your link pipe to be honest 😀

Mike

On 12/26/2020 at 9:55 PM, Camel ADV said:

IMG_5481.jpeg

IMG_5459.jpeg

IMG_5461.jpeg

IMG_5480.jpeg

Did you bend out the AS pannier rack out a bit? I've seen other pics where it looks like the rack goes straight up and down and not angled out?

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/30/2020 at 9:35 AM, jdk2man said:

Did you bend out the AS pannier rack out a bit? I've seen other pics where it looks like the rack goes straight up and down and not angled out?

They're not bent, that's their original angle.

hi Cory

i ordered mine and i'm really excited.

i think many members are looking for update on estimated shipping date (including me 😘)

cheers, from Japan

@Camel ADV will there be an option to buy your hanger only so we can work with our existing pipes ( ie i have a blackwidow ) to make a midpipe locally so it all fits

4 hours ago, troxxos said:

hi Cory

i ordered mine and i'm really excited.

i think many members are looking for update on estimated shipping date (including me 😘)

cheers, from Japan

From his website.

Yamaha T7 High Mount Exhaust Kit **PRE-SALE - Expected shipping Jan 15th**

1 hour ago, Limey said:

From his website.

Yamaha T7 High Mount Exhaust Kit **PRE-SALE - Expected shipping Jan 15th**

yes i know this

it hasn't been updated since i ordered in early December

33 minutes ago, troxxos said:

yes i know this

it hasn't been updated since i ordered in early December

I guess if it hasn’t been updated the expected shipping date is the 15th.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, motojunky2@ said:

Decided to make my own.

IMG_20210104_104407.jpg

Not nice stealing his design and posting on his page.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stujamur said:

@Camel ADV will there be an option to buy your hanger only so we can work with our existing pipes ( ie i have a blackwidow ) to make a midpipe locally so it all fits

Go watch his video for the kit on his website, he talks about what you are asking about. Right at the 14 min mark in the video.

Edited by Firebolter

50 minutes ago, Firebolter said:

Go watch his video for the kit on his website, he talks about what you are asking about. Right at the 14 min mark in the video.

Ye , they say ‘no parts , but maybe that will change in the future ‘...

but i think like many with a different pipe who love the camel design and want to use it with their existing pipe the only way is to have a local pipe maker replicate the mid pipe design with their own pipe , their hanger is neat and would sell well as a individual product . But I understand as a business if you make more $ off a kit you dont want to split it

Edited by Stujamur
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Limey said:

Not nice stealing his design and posting on his page.

Not cool...