Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

6 hours ago, Svrider said:

Added a new MIVV high mount exhaust-yeah, sounds sweet, lighter, and no more oops!

IMG_20221105_135305.jpg

Any interference with tail lights?  (Blowing hot exhaust on them. ). I have a Tusk Tail Tidy with LEDs.   Is it louder?   Don’t like loud. 

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

I removed my rear turnsignals, just use hand signals. And no I is not loud, but louder than stock, but in a good way. At 65-70 mph you can't hear it, but if you want to get froggy, it will sing.

1 hour ago, winddown said:

What's a good replacement rear brake pad, someone mentioned it here a month or two back but the search function is about as useful as these OEM pads.

Can't go wrong with EBC HH pads either, Ive been using those for 20 some years and they have always slowed me down well.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, winddown said:

What's a good replacement rear brake pad, someone mentioned it here a month or two back but the search function is about as useful as these OEM pads.

I've tried the Galfer pads, slightly better stopping power and feel,but wore out super quick and not so friendly to to the disc either, replaced with EBC, couple of thousand KMs so far all good 👍. I won't be revisiting Galfer pads again.

Not sure if my post applies here because it’s not what I did today but what I did over the past few weeks. Well, first off I did the PUIG touring wind screen, easy. Then did the Oxford Heated grips as I plan to ride as much as possible in the NY winters. 

While installing the the heated grips I cut the bracket that holds the controller and filed it down so it was a smoother cut.

Also I did a dry install of the Acerbis X Factor hand guards because I was not using the self tapping anchors provided with the kit as they will destroy the threads in the bars. So I contacted off-the-road in Germany and got their direct bolt on kit. Great Success until it wasn’t. Lock to lock turn the mounts hit the tank. Tried flipping the mounts to see if I can get away with that but put pressure on banjo fitting on brake side and clutch cable on left side. Just wasn’t too comfortable with it so I ordered OEM Yamaha Bar Risers, and as of this evening everything is installed and looks amazing. I feel like I could have taken the easy way out by using the anchors provided by acerbis but this allows me to put the bike to 99% stock minus the grips. Could not get the stock ones off easy. 

Also, my wife made me a yellow Dakar Sticker. My thought process is the older bikes had yellow, and the new World Raid has yellow accents. Let me know you thoughts on it. Thanks ! 

C1BF9104-4488-445B-9311-CC2337279624.jpeg

53017A0D-4911-49EB-A4D3-8DCD3E67A4BC.jpeg

3629E208-EA16-4713-B311-EE17E4220D6C.jpeg

693DFF95-10C4-490C-AD39-8D81D4AF740C.jpeg

EE25ED87-52AB-4D1D-A915-80B40947DDA6.jpeg

2383D36E-E21B-4F33-B0EF-9163E615F19B.jpeg

Edited by MRT7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MRT7 said:

Not sure if my post applies here because it’s not what I did today but what I did over the past few weeks. Well, first off I did the PUIG touring wind screen, easy. Then did the Oxford Heated grips as I plan to ride as much as possible in the NY winters. 

While installing the the heated grips I cut the bracket that holds the controller and filed it down so it was a smoother cut.

Also I did a dry install of the Acerbis X Factor hand guards because I was not using the self tapping anchors provided with the kit as they will destroy the threads in the bars. So I contacted off-the-road in Germany and got their direct bolt on kit. Great Success until it wasn’t. Lock to lock turn the mounts hit the tank. Tried flipping the mounts to see if I can get away with that but put pressure on banjo fitting on brake side and clutch cable on left side. Just wasn’t too comfortable with it so I ordered OEM Yamaha Bar Risers, and as of this evening everything is installed and looks amazing. I feel like I could have taken the easy way out by using the anchors provided by acerbis but this allows me to put the bike to 99% stock minus the grips. Could not get the stock ones off easy. 

Also, my wife made me a yellow Dakar Sticker. My thought process is the older bikes had yellow, and the new World Raid has yellow accents. Let me know you thoughts on it. Thanks ! 

C1BF9104-4488-445B-9311-CC2337279624.jpeg

53017A0D-4911-49EB-A4D3-8DCD3E67A4BC.jpeg

3629E208-EA16-4713-B311-EE17E4220D6C.jpeg

693DFF95-10C4-490C-AD39-8D81D4AF740C.jpeg

EE25ED87-52AB-4D1D-A915-80B40947DDA6.jpeg

2383D36E-E21B-4F33-B0EF-9163E615F19B.jpeg

Strange that the X-Factors did hit the tank - they don't on mine using the same threaded adapters from off-the-road.de

What also works: Buy a longer screw (I think I needed one), the X-Factors then mount directly to the bar end weights. This option leaves less space for aftermarket brake / clutch levers though.

But rising the bar seems to work for you, so no problem left to solve 😁

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Strange that the X-Factors did hit the tank - they don't on mine using the same threaded adapters from off-the-road.de

What also works: Buy a longer screw (I think I needed one), the X-Factors then mount directly to the bar end weights. This option leaves less space for aftermarket brake / clutch levers though.

But rising the bar seems to work for you, so no problem left to solve 😁

I originally wanted to keep the stock bar weights and still kind of want them on. Might have to look into a longer bolt to get them back on haha! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MRT7 said:

I originally wanted to keep the stock bar weights and still kind of want them on. Might have to look into a longer bolt to get them back on haha! 

I remember I used the washers of the OEM "handguards" between the weights and the Acerbis guard. You might need to move the brake lever a little bit closer to the throttle grip (so the brake reservoir doesn't interfere with the Acerbis clamps), but it definitely fits.

53 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

I remember I used the washers of the OEM "handguards" between the weights and the Acerbis guard. You might need to move the brake lever a little bit closer to the throttle grip (so the brake reservoir doesn't interfere with the Acerbis clamps), but it definitely fits.

Much appreciated! I will fiddle with this! 

Quick crashbar question that I didn't think needed it's own thread haha. Been trying to patiently wait for the Outback Motortek bars to come back in stock in black. But it's been months. So now I am eyeing other options, with a specific eye on the SRC Moto uppers and lowers. Seems like a solid bit of kit and they seem to be able to take a hit.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the SRC Moto upper and lower crash bars work with the Camel ADV Euro5 Skid plate? I found someone on here say it works (with the Euro4 version most likely based on the date). But I just wanted to triple check before buying. Thank you!!

3 minutes ago, JRPCO said:

Quick crashbar question that I didn't think needed it's own thread haha. Been trying to patiently wait for the Outback Motortek bars to come back in stock in black. But it's been months. So now I am eyeing other options, with a specific eye on the SRC Moto uppers and lowers. Seems like a solid bit of kit and they seem to be able to take a hit.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the SRC Moto upper and lower crash bars work with the Camel ADV Euro5 Skid plate? I found someone on here say it works (with the Euro4 version most likely based on the date). But I just wanted to triple check before buying. Thank you!!

As far as I remember, SRC guards aren't Euro5 compatible... but this might have changed lately.

2 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

As far as I remember, SRC guards aren't Euro5 compatible... but this might have changed lately.

Well well well, guess who can't read lmfao. Yea it looks like right now they aren't Euro5 compatible, but there is a note on their website that says Euro5 versions for 2022 models should be available this month. Thanks for the heads up to double check that haha

Edited by JRPCO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JRPCO said:

Well well well, guess who can't read lmfao. Yea it looks like right now they aren't Euro5 compatible, but there is a note on their website that says Euro5 versions for 2022 models should be available this month. Thanks for the heads up to double check that haha

Good to know they are doing a Euro5 model at all! I really liked them but had to choose something else.

Just now, Tenerider said:

Good to know they are doing a Euro5 model at all! I really liked them but had to choose something else.

What did you end up going with and how do you like them? I was really digging OM's crash bars but can't find them in stock anywhere in black. Been looking at offerings from Heed, SRC, and Dirtracks, but hard to make up my mind.

57 minutes ago, JRPCO said:

What did you end up going with and how do you like them? I was really digging OM's crash bars but can't find them in stock anywhere in black. Been looking at offerings from Heed, SRC, and Dirtracks, but hard to make up my mind.

I'm in Germany, so Hepco & Becker was my choice - I went with their Rally crash bars. No lower engine protection on these, but they offer enough clearance when dropped unless you are in rocky terrain. But they protect the side panels and radiator very well.

Installed Highway Dirt Bike hand guards in place of the previous Bark Busters. Got tired of fighting the BB bar clamps contacting my Acerbis 23 liter tank at full lock both directions, so switched to the HDB items that don't use bar clamps and am very pleased with them and the HDB mirrors too. Took longer to remove the BBs than it took to install the HDBs.

20221109_130153.jpg.6d3372185f86744ef2eab0af58772182.jpg20221109_130212.jpg.a1c44b7373d2af9cff6d43712ce07622.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators

Installed RallyRaid tail & side racks.

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

42 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Installed RallyRaid tail & side racks.

Are those side racks strong enough to survive drops and falls ?

1 hour ago, NeilW said:

Are those side racks strong enough to survive drops and falls ?

My T7 came with those same RR pannier racks. They are very stout and have merely giggled through a few drops.

• Like 1

Just now, jdub53 said:

My T7 came with those same RR pannier racks. They are very stout and have merely giggled through a few drops.

Good to know.