Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

On 10/16/2022 at 4:06 PM, TNADVRIDER said:

Installed the Puig headlight protector after getting home from 150 miles of gravel, dirt, and backroads. Also installed a windshield extender/deflector that I’m hoping will help with wind buffeting and noise. Picked it up on Amazon for $27, so if it doesn’t work, it’s not too much dough. At 5’11”, buffeting and noise is pretty noticeable at 45 mph and insane at 55 mph and up. I also installed the quad lock phone mount and vibration dampener on the accessory bar the other day. She’s coming together!

Ordered Heed Bunker Bars the other day. Hoping they arrive this week, as I’ve got a big day of gravel planned for next Saturday and want to be prepared in case I drop her. 

9 minutes ago, DonaNobisPacem said:

I'm honestly considering just drilling a hole through the bars to directly mount the lights, just so I don't have to spend additional money and wait for whatever mounts I order to arrive.

That is an option. 

51 minutes ago, DonaNobisPacem said:

I'm honestly considering just drilling a hole through the bars to directly mount the lights, just so I don't have to spend additional money and wait for whatever mounts I order to arrive.

I drilled a hole through my bars for the aux lights. For locally available aux light mounts, you can search Motowolf on Lazada.

6 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Celebrated the annual ACF-50 baptism

20221018_120125.jpg.0ce8d3021b8e8f9c679114ddc4baa1ff.jpg

Had to google ACF-50. Had no idea what you were doing. Now I understand. Is it only for locations that salt the roads?

13 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Had to google ACF-50. Had no idea what you were doing. Now I understand. Is it only for locations that salt the roads?

It's a general corrosion protection, but of course salt on the roads (or in the air when close to the sea) makes it much more important.

Since it is completely harmless on plastics and electronics, you could generously dip the bike in this stuff without worrying.

It creeps EXCEPTIONALLY well: Once a pint or so creeped (crept?) out of my spray bottle (not under pressure) and spread on my shelf.

All in all: Fantastic stuff. The coating lasts also very long, even if you pressure-wash your bike.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 12:07 AM, DonaNobisPacem said:

Installed SRC upper and lower crash bars today. Unfortunately had to hack into my SW-Motech to make them fit though

I bought the SW lower bars and they didn't fit my 2022 either.  I sent mine back and went with the OEM set.  The new CAT was the problem, the crossbar fouled on the headers.  Why the R&D lads didn't sort that out I don't know?  My suspicion is they just didn't care and since the shops were already stocked with the older ones they let them go out instead.  

14 minutes ago, winddown said:

I bought the SW lower bars and they didn't fit my 2022 either.  I sent mine back and went with the OEM set.  The new CAT was the problem, the crossbar fouled on the headers.  Why the R&D lads didn't sort that out I don't know?  My suspicion is they just didn't care and since the shops were already stocked with the older ones they let them go out instead.  

Know that the Camel ADV 1 finger clutch now has a version for OEM Crash Bars. I took off my OEM and switched to SW  to use the 1 finger clutch. Timing is everything....

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

It's a general corrosion protection, but of course salt on the roads (or in the air when close to the sea) makes it much more important.

Since it is completely harmless on plastics and electronics, you could generously dip the bike in this stuff without worrying.

It creeps EXCEPTIONALLY well: Once a pint or so creeped (crept?) out of my spray bottle (not under pressure) and spread on my shelf.

All in all: Fantastic stuff. The coating lasts also very long, even if you pressure-wash your bike.

I use mud for that.
Also more fun applying that stuf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Test ride after installing Puig 3.0 levers. Like them a lot, length is ok (they shouldn't be longer), imho better feeling for both clutch and brake engagement points.

Sadly, my Acerbis handguards don't fit any more with bar end weights. Not a problem regarding vibrations, but the inner ends now hit the dash when the handlebar is rotated fully left/right.

I think I need to trim off some material from the handguards.

On 10/18/2022 at 10:39 PM, Oznog said:

C6286FCD-F578-4452-AA6C-AE02405DB8C6.jpeg.4fff8bfa88ccb14c52ed37311efa5f6e.jpegNew exhaust. 

Does it get too hot?

looks great! Congrats

2 hours ago, Oznog said:

No noticeable heat by me or passenger. 

Yeah they are a great pipe, all tucked up out of the way, nice note too.  I bought the Titanium one to suit the white colour scheme of mine.

571983578_T7PIPE-.jpg.349b9debf04b3b4796b205dc21b7673f.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 6:04 AM, NeilW said:

Know that the Camel ADV 1 finger clutch now has a version for OEM Crash Bars. I took off my OEM and switched to SW  to use the 1 finger clutch. Timing is everything....

I don't seem to have an issue using the clutch, perhaps I just use it a lot less than others?

4 minutes ago, winddown said:

Yeah they are a great pipe, all tucked up out of the way, nice note too.  I bought the Titanium one to suit the white colour scheme of mine.

571983578_T7PIPE-.jpg.349b9debf04b3b4796b205dc21b7673f.jpg

I settled for the black one because it’s the only one I could get. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winddown said:

I don't seem to have an issue using the clutch, perhaps I just use it a lot less than others?

I wanted to cut off my clutch lever and literally use 1 finger to pull it. Only.  The added benefit is smoother  and wider friction zone.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 5:32 PM, Tenerider said:

Test ride after installing Puig 3.0 levers. Like them a lot, length is ok (they shouldn't be longer), imho better feeling for both clutch and brake engagement points.

Sadly, my Acerbis handguards don't fit any more with bar end weights. Not a problem regarding vibrations, but the inner ends now hit the dash when the handlebar is rotated fully left/right.

I think I need to trim off some material from the handguards.

What model? Mine dont.

9 hours ago, SKunn said:

What model? Mine dont.

X-Factors. I had some washers between the protection bars and the clamp mount (or whatever it's called). Removed these and now it's a close fit - totally my fault.

Plus, I flipped the bar riser to get the bars more to the front, so less space between handlebars and dash.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:52 AM, NeilW said:

I wanted to cut off my clutch lever and literally use 1 finger to pull it. Only.  The added benefit is smoother  and wider friction zone.

I did fit little Evo levers, love those levers.  There is a special corner in Hell for all the Bike designers who insist on those long ugly factory ones.  I'll try using less fingers  but not one!  I don't want to have it get away from me and flip the bike lol. 

I'm not doing anymore mods either.  I still have the bloody Scotts steering damper in a box downstairs to fit.  I don't know why I'm so slack doing it, it's literally a 30 minute job.  I think the tail-light mod wore me out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, winddown said:

There is a special corner in Hell for all the Bike designers who insist on those long ugly factory ones.

Amen.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:59 AM, Oznog said:

I settled for the black one because it’s the only one I could get. 

I'd be happy with a pink one if the rain would stop for a week and let me go riding up in the hills.   I'm sure there are people who thrive on riding muddy roads but I'm not one.  Give me nice clean dust any day.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 6:08 AM, Simmons1 said:

Very envious of people that have the skills and equipment to make things like this.

Me too! That is very impressive.  The MSC Moto RM3 just bolts right in. Easy install, But wouldn't have been as much fun for you  🙂image.png.5c42a6a3657271a26b31662a70b7cffe.png

I just installed a Scott steering stabilizer using the Triple Clamp bracket.  It was easier installing the stabilizer than modifying my tank bag mount to not rub on it.  🤣

• Like 1

Ordered a whole bunch of stuff for it in the past 2 weeks, and more is on the way.  Put the HDB guards and ASV controls on this past weekend.   A quick review of each is elsewhere on this site.

hdb4.jpg.707dadf2b991303984fd99c67e398165.jpg

• Like 2