Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

2 hours ago, headwinded said:

Ordered a whole bunch of stuff for it in the past 2 weeks, and more is on the way.  Put the HDB guards and ASV controls on this past weekend.   A quick review of each is elsewhere on this site.

hdb4.jpg.707dadf2b991303984fd99c67e398165.jpg

Both guards (especially the mounting on the bar clamp bracket) and levers look gorgeous!

• Like 1

Fitted some Michelin Trackers to my second set of Rally Raid wheels with the 2.5 inch rear rim. The weight and speed rating are the same/similar to the Kenda big blocks I had on before.

Can't wait to try them out now the weather has turned in the UK and proper aggressive tyres. They're brilliant as I've used them on my KTM EXC recently.

Must control that throttle hand on the road though, so I don't shred them after a couple of rides🤣

IMG_20221026_163519.jpg

IMG_20221026_183058.jpg

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

Fitted some Michelin Trackers to my second set of Rally Raid wheels with the 2.5 inch rear rim. The weight and speed rating are the same/similar to the Kenda big blocks I had on before.

Can't wait to try them out now the weather has turned in the UK and proper aggressive tyres. They're brilliant as I've used them on my KTM EXC recently.

Must control that throttle hand on the road though, so I don't shred them after a couple of rides🤣

IMG_20221026_163519.jpg

IMG_20221026_183058.jpg

These do look super cool!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Tooling around on the old road to Voss.

20221021_163538.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

These do look super cool!

Let us know how they do in the mud. That seems to be the universal problem. 

• Like 2

Installed the moose foot pegs for a wider grip.

Also installed a better return spring as the original spring is to weak to keep them from slamming up and down.

Both the spring and pegs are for a YZ450F from 2018, so they are a good fit for the tenere.

20221020_123338.jpg

20221020_123355.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ImpatientSteve said:

Also installed a better return spring as the original spring is to weak to keep them from slamming up and down.

Both the spring and pegs are for a YZ450F from 2018, so they are a good fit for the tenere.

20221020_123338.jpg

20221020_123355.jpg

I went with the AltRiders. I don't know how they compare in size to the Moose's but I was surprised at how big they were when they arrived. I love the additional purchase and feel it really helps with the overall connection to the bike and the ability to transfer weight. 

2 hours ago, SO_Rider said:

I went with the AltRiders. I don't know how they compare in size to the Moose's but I was surprised at how big they were when they arrived. I love the additional purchase and feel it really helps with the overall connection to the bike and the ability to transfer weight. 

check out adding TWINPEGS for overall connection to the bike and ability to transfer weight. 100% more surface area.

5 hours ago, ImpatientSteve said:

20221020_123338.jpg

20221020_123355.jpg

image.png.817a2ca85da420b96819ba6d01cc02a0.png how does this help? My T7 slammed down on the brake pedal and bent it UP. Since there is NO up travel on a brake pedal will the pedal just bend as much as the length of the safety wire ??

28 minutes ago, NeilW said:

image.png.817a2ca85da420b96819ba6d01cc02a0.png how does this help? My T7 slammed down on the brake pedal and bent it UP. Since there is NO up travel on a brake pedal will the pedal just bend as much as the length of the safety wire ??

It helps as you can't brake when the pedal is bend around your frame 180 degrees back.  The goal is not to avoid bending in any direction, the goal is to limit the extremes so it stays usable so you can continue your trip.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, NeilW said:

check out adding TWINPEGS for overall connection to the bike and ability to transfer weight. 100% more surface area.

I looked at their website and still not totally clear on how they work and the advantages. I can say the Altriders offer plenty of surface area. I thought they looked goofy to start, but the functionality has won me over.

• Like 1

Over the last week I’ve installed Barkbusters and Heed Bunker Bars. Fit and finish on both are fantastic. Pics aren’t great, but you get the idea. I’m only showing the left side due to dropping her off the jack and onto the jack handle the other night. Needless to say, I have a new and proper moto jack now. I dented the right gas tank side panel pretty well and put two small scratches in the gas tank cover. I’ve ordered a new right side panel and stickers from my local dealer to the tune of $300. Delivery is going to be two to three months, as the parts are coming out of Japan. Painful lesson about using a proper jack! The good news is, there doesn’t appear to be any other damage and she still runs like a top. 

F1FB5441-D96D-41A9-B258-72DC269A230C.jpeg

5FAD7D5F-B3BE-4761-9AFF-B5721764AF2D.jpeg

080AB775-6B9F-497D-9BA7-90D83CA45962.jpeg

• Like 4

I have put a few km on this new screen now and am quite impressed.  Aside from limiting the wind noise it actually keeps my helmet Visor TOTALLY bug free.  A real boon out here where a 30 minute ride is enough to make it look like a pizza.  I've had the bike up to 160km/h and no issues with it, in fact at that speed (overtaking) I sort of wish I had a little more feedback from the airflow but it feels like you're just cruising along.

2067844534_t7screen-4.jpg.1916cc172d3ae6ef6252f692fdeab42d.jpg

524255527_t7screen-5.jpg.a39b89d09f31e1090b9946dad4393315.jpg

• Like 4

I thought I might order a spare and while looking online found this one.  I "might" buy it as a spare, though I have no complaints with the first offering.  This one looks a lot easier to adjust on the fly, if needed, and I like the aluminium construction

On the downside it's dimensions are smaller

Width 270mm x height165mm x 50mm

Compared to the one now on my bike which is

Width 280MM x height 120MM, bracket width 210MM

I think perhaps the Height lower height might be an issue?

862194425_t7screen-7.jpg.1098f9922a01846aa8beca00a51b540d.jpg

Edited by winddown

17 hours ago, TNADVRIDER said:

Over the last week I’ve installed Barkbusters and Heed Bunker Bars. Fit and finish on both are fantastic. Pics aren’t great, but you get the idea. I’m only showing the left side due to dropping her off the jack and onto the jack handle the other night.

Looks good, the LHS at least.  Bummer about dropping it!  My condolences.  Might be a good time to think about a center stand, unless weight is a big factor with ya.   It's been over 15 years since I had a bike with one and I'd forgotten how useful they are.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, winddown said:

Looks good, the LHS at least.  Bummer about dropping it!  My condolences.  Might be a good time to think about a center stand, unless weight is a big factor with ya.   It's been over 15 years since I had a bike with one and I'd forgotten how useful they are.

I'm definitely thinking about a center stand. Weight doesn't bother me all that much. I'm quickly figuring out that without Pol Tarres' skills I'm not going to be using this moto for hardcore off-roading, so a few more pounds here or there shouldn't make much difference.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, winddown said:

I thought I might order a spare and while looking online found this one.  I "might" buy it as a spare, though I have no complaints with the first offering.  This one looks a lot easier to adjust on the fly, if needed, and I like the aluminium construction

On the downside it's dimensions are smaller

Width 270mm x height165mm x 50mm

Compared to the one now on my bike which is

Width 280MM x height 120MM, bracket width 210MM

I think perhaps the Height lower height might be an issue?

862194425_t7screen-7.jpg.1098f9922a01846aa8beca00a51b540d.jpg

I ordered one of these last week. Once I get it installed, I'll circle back and let you know how it's working. I also ordered the windshield sliders, so I'm trying a couple options.

• Like 1

Some "optimization" on my Acerbis X-Factors.

They hit the dash when the bars are fully rotated to one side (I flipped my bar riser "Bret Tkacs Style", so the bars are closer to the front).

IMG-20221031-WA0004.jpeg.f2db8f85c5c816153b62a0bd650daf93.jpeg

Noticed that one of them had a very slight bend due to a tipover onto concrete - only noticeable when directly comparing them.

On the other hand, it might just be Italian engineering 😉😉😉

Edited by Tenerider

2 hours ago, winddown said:

I have put a few km on this new screen now and am quite impressed.  Aside from limiting the wind noise it actually keeps my helmet Visor TOTALLY bug free.  A real boon out here where a 30 minute ride is enough to make it look like a pizza.  I've had the bike up to 160km/h and no issues with it, in fact at that speed (overtaking) I sort of wish I had a little more feedback from the airflow but it feels like you're just cruising along.

2067844534_t7screen-4.jpg.1916cc172d3ae6ef6252f692fdeab42d.jpg

524255527_t7screen-5.jpg.a39b89d09f31e1090b9946dad4393315.jpg

Bought the same one.  They work great. I am happy with its performance AND price.  

Not exactly today, but total install..  Farkles installed in preparation for a three month trip in South America starting in January.  (Will airfreight bike to Bogota, Colombia.)

Hope these explanations can help someone.  Entire process took more than a week of 5-6 hours a day in my man cave.

Please no smarmy comments about too many farkles.  Honest questions happily entertained.

Fork guard protectors and plastic screws.  Camel

Easy install but they included spacers that I couldn't figure out how to use.  Left them out.  

Recommend

Shock socks. 

Easy install

Recommend

Radiator guard.  Rally Raid.

Easy install but instructions were lacking.

Recommend 

Fog lights.  Cyclops

Moderately difficult install.  Instructions were lacking with pictures not so great, and no mention about a white wire that should just be ignored as they told me on a phone call that it was for a programming mode that isn't used.  However once installed very nice setup after finding places to tuck all the wires away.  I got the dimmable version with an on off switch.  Aurora lights.

Recommend

Front LEDs.  Camel

These are only two wire, and the Tenere is a three wire as stock turns are also running lights.  I capped off the third OEM wire and installed the LEDs without a running light function.   I spliced  the connector from the stock wiring to wire in the LEDs with cold solder connectors.

Easy install.

Recommend

Headlight protector.  Puig

Easy install

Recommend

Windscreen.  Madstad

Easy install.  Haven't tested yet but quality seems very good.  Adjustable.

Garmin XT GPS mount.  Rally Raid

Easy install.

Recommend

Heated grips.  Oxford

Moderate install.  Remove old grips with WD40 and a box cutter.

Recommend, with the proviso that with a set on my VStrom, the left side failed during a long trip thru the freezing mountains of N. Mexico.  Replaced when I got home.

Handlebar riser.  Helibars.

Easy install.

Recommend.

Go pro mount.  SW Motech

Easy install.  I mounted it on my double take mirror adapter.  Very clean nice look with a Ram mount.

Recommend.

Double take mirrors.

Easy install.  You have to order the reverse threaded adapter for the right mirror mount. Much more adjustable than OEM.

Recommend.

Throttle lock.  Atlas

Moderate install.  If you have to stick pads together increase pad width, stick the thin pad on first, then stick the thick pad to the thin pad.  Follow instructions carefully.  However they're coming out with a different pad option soon he says.  Used on my VStrom.   A bit on the pricy side.

Recommend.  Much better than my Kaoko throttle lock on my VStrom which I didn't like.  

Barkbusters

Easy install.

Recommend.

Crash guards.  SW Motech.  Installed lowers only to save weight higher up.

Difficult install.  The clamps on the crash guard support bars have to be installed according to specific and exact mm measurements before installing main crash guards, which for me was almost impossible to get exactly right.  And if they're even a couple MMs off, everything has to be loosened up and redone. Had to do this process multiple times before finally got it right.

Fit and finish nice, but thankfully haven't tested them.

Recommendation pending.

Right accessory outlet.  Yamaha.

Difficult install.  Ordered mine from eBay, and it must have been for a different Yamaha, as didn't have the accessory connection to plug directly into the Tenere acc connector.  There's a YouTube video on this, but I had to remove all the plastic forward (was off anyway for other installs), the display, and the headlight just to string the wiring to the battery!  Ridiculous. Come on Yamaha, really?

Don't recommend.

Throttle cable, rear ABS switch and rear brake servo covers.  GP Mucci.

Difficult install.   Brake servo cover wouldn't work with Yamaha Center Stand.  I had to modify it with a hack saw and grinder.   Also about $100 for just three pieces.

Don't recommend if you have a center stand.

Side stand foot.  Outback Mototek.

Easy install.  It's heavy but not worried about weight carried low.

Recommend

Custom seat.  Rich's in Kingston, Wash.  

He does the work on site and I live near his shop.   I chose leather so cost was over $700 which seems excessive for a little (only the front) seat, but for long trips it's worth it.

Recommend.

X frame pannier racks.  Outback Mottek.

Easy install.  The Xframe versions are for mounting a Rotopax or a toolbox.  I mounted their toolbox on the left side, but couldn't mount my Rotopax on the right side as the muffler sits partially inside the racks, so I'll have to bungee down my Rotopax to the rear seat.  You could mount the Rotopax outside the rack, but then it would interfere with my Kriega soft bags.  The optional large toolbox is really nice and fits well.   I would recommend going with the asymmetrical racks if you're going to mount the toolbox, not the Rotopax.  Mine are the symmetrical ones and my soft bags really mount very wide.  About 46" outside to outside.

Recommend.

Tail Tidy.  Tusk

Moderate install.  A bit of a jig saw puzzle combining parts from the OEM "rear fender", but just watch the video carefully.   You can get the optional rear LEDs which I did, but they won't act as running lights.  Can't remember if stock rear turns were also running lights like the front.      Once installed looks really nice and clean.    One thing I don't like is the license plate when mounted is angled upwards making it difficult to see.  (Cops won't like it?). So I used some metal straps and bent them to get the plate to mount vertically and to be able to mount Skene and Admire lighting correctly.  (See below.)

Moderate recommend as maybe other brands might be a little easier to install and would mount a plate vertically, but not sure.   I saw another video of a different one that also showed what seemed to be a fiddly install.

Rear lighting Skene.

Moderate install.  I used the included Positaps to connect the wiring.  Recommend cutting down excess wiring from the control unit to avoid a rat's nest.  Only problem is when I try to program off the Conspicuity flasher, the tail light goes to flashing instead of steady.  I live close the Cyclops which is the distributor so will take a ride up there  to see if they can figure it out.  Other than that nice clean look and nice and bright.   I used the OEM. tail light wire for switched hot.

Recommendation pending.

Rear lighting Admore.

Moderate install.  Very nice and really visible.  Again recommend cutting off excess wiring to avoid a rat's nest.  I bought the basic version, but should have bought the cell phone programmable version.  Even though instructions say the red wire goes to hot, you have to wire it to a switched hot or the tail light will be on with the ignition off obviously.

Recommend.

Fusebox.  Fuzebloks.

Easy install.  Very clever way to choose hot or switched circuits for your farkles.  Like it.  6 total circuits.  Each one hot or switched your choice.

Recommend.

Lithium battery.  Antigravity.  

Easy install.

It's six pounds lighter than OEM.  (Although pricy.) and has a restart function if you accidentally run down your battery, so no need to carry cables or a charging brick.   Also it has two each of pos and neg terminals which makes hooking up farkles a lot simpler.  Especially multiple farkle grounds.

Recommend.

Finger clutch kit.  Camel.

Moderate install.  Getting the finger arm on with the spring was fiddly, and (my fault) I got confused about where to hook up the cable regarding having to take up all the free play on the finger arm before hooking up the cable.  Watch the video very carefully and you'll avoid my error.

Haven't ridden with it yet so recommendation pending.

Skid plate.  Camel

Difficult install.  I'm returning it because in order to get the screws to line up on the OEM screw holes, you have to loosen one of the OEM crash bar bars.  (Maybe both.) But if you have my SW Motech crash guards, this would involve having to redo an already difficult install of the crash guards.  You could do the skid plate first I suppose, but also you're loosening up bolts that are also used for the Yamaha OEM center stand.  Additionally, the unit is very heavy (almost eight pounds), and has to be removed for oil changes which involves six bolts.  The video explains the situation very well, but be careful about the direction of the lower mounting clamp during install.

Don't recommend.  Somewhat do to my choice of crash guards and weight, though others may present the same problem.

Tubeless wheels.  Alpina.

Still on order.   They've improved the oil ring set up where the spokes mate with the rim to avoid leaks.

Recommendation pending.

Tires.  Dunlop Mission Trailmax.

Standard install.   On my VStrom I got over 10,000 miles on them.  Great for 50/50s.

Recommend.

Tank filter.  Guglatech.  Great for LATAM riding.  No worries about bad gas or water.

Easy install.  

Recommend.

TPSMs.  Carid.

Moderate intall for external sensors.  Only because programming them can be fiddly.  But once done work great.  Rechargeable handlebar mounted sensor.  Amazon.

Recommend.

Brakes.  Galfer.

Haven't tested yet.

Recommendation pending.

Seat release pins.  Rally Raid.

No brainer.  I trashed the tiny plastic lanyards and used small zip ties for retention when the seat is off.

Recommend.

Stronger side stand spring.  Various suppliers.  Can't remember.

Moderate install only due to spring tension.  Borrowed a friends spring puller and that really helped.

Definitely snappier stand return.

Recommend.

Center stand.   Yamaha.

Moderate install only due to spring install.  Again, using a spring puller really helps.

Recommend.     Note:   Do not try to buy anything off the Yamaha accessory website store.  Ridiculous bureaucracy and site performance.  Long story but terrible customer service requiring multiple phone calls and emails.  I gave up and bought from Yamaha Parts House/Babbits online.   

Edited by WingVetteStrom
  • Like 3

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

9 minutes ago, WingVetteStrom said:

Not exactly today, but total install..  Farkles installed in preparation for a three month trip in South America starting in January.  (Will airfreight bike to Bogota, Colombia.)

Hope these explanations can help someone.  Entire process took more than a week of 5-6 hours a day in my man cave.

Please no smarmy comments about too many farkles.  Honest questions happily entertained.

Fork guard protectors and plastic screws.  Camel

Easy install but they included spacers that I couldn't figure out how to use.  Left them out.  

Recommend

Shock socks. 

Easy install

Recommend

Radiator guard.  Rally Raid.

Easy install but instructions were lacking

Recommend 

Fog lights.  Cyclops

Moderately difficult install.  Instructions were lacking with pictures not so great, and no mention about a white wire that should just be ignored as they told me it was for a programming mode that isn't used.  However once installed very nice setup after finding places to tuck all the wires away.

Recommend

Front LEDs.  Camel

These are only two wire, and the Tenere is a three wire as stock turns are also running lights.  I capped off the third OEM wire and installed the LEDs without a running light function.

Recommend

Headlight protector.  Puig

Easy install

Recommend

Windscreen.  Madstad

Easy install.  Haven't tested yet but quality seems very good.  Adjustable.

Garmin XT GPS mount.  Rally Raid

Easy install.

Recommend

Heated grips.  Oxford

Moderately difficult install.  Remove old grips with WD40 and a box cutter.

Recommend, with the proviso that on set on my VStrom, the left side failed during a long trip thru the freezing mountains of N. Mexico.  Replaced when I got home.

Handlebar riser.  Helibars.

Easy install

Recommend

Go pro mount.  SW Motech

Easy install.  I mounted it on my double take mirror adapter.  Very clean nice look with a Ram mount

Recommend

Double take mirrors.

Easy install.  They include a reverse threaded adapter for the right mirror mount. Much more adjustable than OEM.

Recommend

Throttle lock.  Atlas

Moderately difficult install.  If you have to stick pads together increase pad width, use a tiny drop of superglue.  Don't trust the adhesive.  Follow instructions carefully.  However they're coming out with a different pad option soon he says.  Used on my VStrom.   A bit on the pricy side.

Recommend.  Much better than my Kaoko throttle lock on my VStrom which I didn't like.  

Barkbusters

Easy install.

Recommend

Crash guards.  SW Motech.  Installed lowers only to save weight higher up.

Difficult install.  The clamps on the crash guard support bars have to be installed according to mm measurements before installing main crash guards.  And if they're even a couple MMs off, everything has to be loosened up and redone.  Had to do this process multiple times before finally got it right.

Fit and finish nice, but thankfully haven't tested them.

Recommendation pending.

Right accessory outlet.  Yamaha.

Difficult install.  Ordered mine from eBay, and it must have been for a different Yamaha, as didn't have the accessory connection to plug directly into the Tenere acc connector.  There's a YouTube video on this, but I had to remove all the plastic forward (was off anyway for other installs), the display, and the headlight just to string the wiring to the battery!  Ridiculous. Come on Yamaha. 

Don't recommend.

Throttle cable, rear ABS switch and rear brake servo covers.  GP Mucci.

Difficult install.   Brake servo cover wouldn't work with Yamaha Center Stand.  I had to modify it with a hack saw and grinder.   Also about $100 for just three pieces.

Don't recommend if you have a center stand.

Side stand foot.  Outback Mototek.

Easy install.  It's heavy but not worried about weight carried low.

Recommend

Custom seat.  Rich's in Kingston, Wash.  

He does the work on site and I live near his shop.   I chose leather so cost was over $700 which seems excessive for a little (only the front) seat, but for long trips it's worth it.

Recommend.

X frame pannier racks.  Outback Mottek.

Easy install.  The Xframe versions are for mounting a Rotopax or a toolbox.  I mounted their toolbox on the left side, but couldn't mount my Rotopax on the right side as the muffler sits partially inside the racks, so I'll have to bungee down my Rotopax to the rear seat.  You could mount the Rotopax outside the rack, but then it would interfere with my Kriega soft bags.  The optional large toolbox is really nice and fits well.  

Recommend.

Tail Tidy.  Tusk

Difficult install.  A bit of a jig saw puzzle combining parts from the OEM "rear fender", but just watch the video carefully.   You can get the optional rear LEDs which I did, but they won't act as running lights.  Can't remember if stock rear turns were also running lights like the front.      Once installed looks really nice and clean.    One thing I don't like is the license plate when mounted is angled upwards making it difficult to see.  (Cops won't like it?). So I used some metal straps and bent them to get the plate to mount vertically and to be able to mount Skene and Admire lighting correctly.  (See below.)

Moderate recommend as maybe other brands might be a little easier to install and would mount a plate vertically, but not sure.   I saw another video of a different one that also showed what seemed to be a fiddly install.

Rear lighting Skene.

Moderate install.  I used the included Positaps to connect the wiring.  Recommend cutting down excess wiring from the control unit to avoid a rat's nest.  Only problem is when I try to program off the Conspicuity flasher, the tail light goes to flashing instead of steady.  I live close the Cyclops which is the distributor so will take a ride up there  to see if they can figure it out.  Other than that nice clean look and nice and bright.

Recommendation pending.

Rear lighting Admore.

Moderate install.  Very nice and really visible.  Again recommend cutting off excess wiring to avoid a rat's nest.  I bought the basic version, but should have bought the cell phone programmable version.

Recommend.

Fusebox.  Fuzebloks.

Easy-moderate install.  Very clever way to choose hot or switched circuits for your farkles.  Like it.

Recommend.

Lithium battery.  Antigravity.  

It's six pounds lighter than OEM.  (Although pricy.) and has a restart function if you accidentally run down your batter, so no need to carry cables or a charging brick.   Also it has two each of pos and neg terminals which makes hooking up farkles a lot simpler.  Especially multiple farkle grounds.

Recommend.

Finger clutch kit.  Camel.

Moderate install.  Getting the finger arm on with the spring was fiddly, and (my fault) I got confused about where to hook up the cable regarding having to take up all the free play on the finger arm before hooking up the cable.  Watch the video very carefully and you'll avoid my error.

Haven't ridden with it yet so recommendation pending.

Skid plate.  Camel

Difficult install.  I'm returning it because in order to get the screws to line up on the OEM screw holes, you have to loosen one of the OEM crash bar bars.  (Maybe both.) But if you have my SW Motech crash guards, this would involve having to redo an already difficult install of the crash guards.  You could do the skid plate first I suppose, but also you're loosening up bolts that are also used for the Yamaha OEM center stand.  Additionally, the unit is very heavy (almost eight pounds), and has to be removed for oil changes which involves six bolts.  The video explains the situation very well, but be careful about the direction of the lower mounting clamp during install.

Don't recommend.  Somewhat do to my choice of crash guards and weight, though others may present the same problem.

Tubeless wheels.  Alpina.

Still on order.   They've improved the oil ring set up where the spokes mate with the rim to avoid leaks.

Recommendation pending.

Tires.  Dunlop Mission Trailmax.

Standard install.   On my VStrom I got over 10,000 miles on them.  Great for 50/50s.

Recommend.

Tank filter.  Guglatech.  Great for LATAM riding.  No worries about bad gas or water.

Easy install.  

Recommend.

TPSMs.  Carid.

Moderate intall for external sensors.  Only because programming them can be fiddly.  But once done work great.  Rechargeable handlebar mounted sensor.  Amazon.

Recommend.

Brakes.  Galfer.

Haven't tested yet.

Recommendation pending.

Seat release pins.  Rally Raid.

No brainer.

Recommend.

Stronger side stand spring.  Various suppliers.  Can't remember.

Moderate install only due to spring tension.  Borrowed a friends spring puller and that really helped.

Definitely snappier stand return.

Recommend.

Center stand.   Yamaha.

Moderate install only due to spring install.  Again, using a spring puller really helps.

Recommend.     Note:   Do not try to buy anything off the Yamaha accessory website store.  Ridiculous bureaucracy and site performance.  Long story but terrible customer service requiring multiple phone calls and emails.  I gave up and bought from Yamaha Parts House/Babbits online.   

Looks like you are just getting started with the mods and additions. There is plenty more available 🙂

safe travels and post photos!

• Like 1

Dropped him... stupid Mitas E07 front tyre, glad they're almost finished.
Damaged the R80 holster (ripped the strip for the bottom strap out) and glad i had the nylon fender screws but this time the handlebar didn't bend, +1 for the Fatbar.
Funny thing is that yesterday i had some fun with @Tenerider in that same corner.

Picked some flowers the alternative way:
IMG_20221031_163718.jpg.207a1d686f879deffe20ab2b74c8476d.jpg

Screw head gone but it is sacrificial for a reason:
IMG_20221031_165220.jpg.ab1e8471f921fd5943ebcd17003e8687.jpg

That strip should be attached in the R80 holster:
IMG_20221031_163708.jpg.e3fcaac7b3533fcb5053c0726d0a4fa7.jpg

But like i always say, when offroading it's not the question if you fall but how many times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Dropped him... stupid Mitas E07 front tyre, glad they're almost finished.
Damaged the R80 holster (ripped the strip for the bottom strap out) and glad i had the nylon fender screws but this time the handlebar didn't bend, +1 for the Fatbar.
Funny thing is that yesterday i had some fun with @Tenerider in that same corner.

Picked some flowers the alternative way:
IMG_20221031_163718.jpg.207a1d686f879deffe20ab2b74c8476d.jpg

Screw head gone but it is sacrificial for a reason:
IMG_20221031_165220.jpg.ab1e8471f921fd5943ebcd17003e8687.jpg

That strip should be attached in the R80 holster:
IMG_20221031_163708.jpg.e3fcaac7b3533fcb5053c0726d0a4fa7.jpg

But like i always say, when offroading it's not the question if you fall but how many times.

Glad you're ok Ray!

I hadn't thought this corner would be a problem, since we both found the next one to be "odd".

Curious if Mosko Moto will help you out.

Just now, Tenerider said:

Glad you're ok Ray!

I hadn't thought this corner would be a problem, since we both found the next one to be "odd".

Curious if Mosko Moto will help you out.

Like i said, i don't like the E07 front tyre and i think i loosened the ground up showing off yesterday.

8 hours ago, TNADVRIDER said:

I'm definitely thinking about a center stand. Weight doesn't bother me all that much. .

There are a few designs out there, I didn't like the Yamaha OEM one as the side kickdown was way too long.  I settled on the SW Motech one because of the ease of installation, especially of the springs. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, winddown said:

There are a few designs out there, I didn't like the Yamaha OEM one as the side kickdown was way too long.  I settled on the SW Motech one because of the ease of installation, especially of the springs. 

That’s good to know. Just saw that SW MOTECH has theirs on sale at the moment. I’ll probably go ahead and order one. Reviews are good. Do you like yours?

• Like 1