Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

9 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

IMG_20221127_170459.jpg.c7d1e8b4a89d96304a6f2948d49056d4.jpg

Ray,

Are the grips/studs on your foot-pegs from Cory? Are they just set screws, and you added lock nuts, or are they a one piece stud like on ice tires?

Can you send a closer picture of them.. please?

His old pics showed set screws and I always thought that was dorky (Sorry Cory).

image.png.a27ba4ca29688d1e5c7950a8b19d90c9.png

Edited by Hibobb

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

3 hours ago, winddown said:

I wonder if there is a simple mod to secure the C-stand up when not in use.  A flip-clamp on the LHS say.

yes, a nylon tie wrap. just cut it off when you want to use the center stand.

• Moderators

@Hibobb Here's a close up of the Camel-ADV foot pegs and cleats.

HTH.

20200727_122846.jpg.46c0955ea784b033182b5d0105de02c8.jpg

• Like 4

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Thanks @AZJW, Cory always has such first class stuff it was shocking to see the set-screws. 

@Camel ADV I should have known you weren't a hoser!

Origins of the Word Hoser, eh?

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Supporting Vendor
17 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Thanks @AZJW, Cory always has such first class stuff it was shocking to see the set-screws. 

@Camel ADV I should have known you weren't a hoser!

Origins of the Word Hoser, eh?

You can install set screws of different lengths if you want to adjust their height. Some people like a very small amount of cleat protrusion, others want a ton. Also, supply chain being what it is lately, cleats haven’t always been available.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

6 hours ago, Hibobb said:

Are they just set screws

It's already answered but AZJW is right, they're treaded studs and they come with 4 spare ones.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 4:13 PM, winddown said:

For those who installed the Scotts damper with the TripleClamp Moto mount, did you put any lubricant on the SS rod that goes through the brass bushing?  I am about to install mine and there are scratches in the bushing now because in playing with it a burr on the steel rod or some foreign matter has gotten between the two.

I ordered one too, any advice you can give to make life easier fitting it?

13 hours ago, Bretta said:

I ordered one too, any advice you can give to make life easier fitting it?

I still haven't fitted mine lol, oh the lazy bone.  I think as long as the long bolts go in the right holes, attaching the damper itself to the plate, it's straightforward.  Just watch the vids

• Like 1

@Brettathe install is quite straight forward. The only issue I ran into was that the body of the damper rubbed on the front straps of my Nelson Rigg tank bag. After much head scratching,  I modified the attachment of the straps to the bike which fixed the problem. 

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to find a second hand radiator cover/ panel for mine  to replace the one I scratched 

C781D338-84B6-4C03-8AF3-5B680C431FE7.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, DT675 said:

Ebay? Gotta love ebay for that kind of stuff.

Yeh - amazingly right colour and correct  side - my one wasn’t bad but I’d scuffed the paint off 

id previously covered the scuff with a coloured sticker

194ED659-616C-4242-8933-390A1DD06F38.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 1

Changed the Mitas E07 front and E07+ rear after 7351km.
Front wasn't real bad but didn't like it form the beginning.
IMG_20221203_160917.jpg.6f46de5b433eed673bb4bdbe60421021.jpg

Rear did need a change, especially since it's raining season with lots of mud.
IMG_20221203_174605.jpg.c8cfc6fff9b2f3fe1b081120d55b4065.jpg

And changed the front brake pads for the old set i took out before the trip to start with a fresh set. Next service front and rear will get new rotors and pads that go together.
Maybe take the opportunity to go for a single brake conversion with rear ABS delete for the same price as 2 rotors.
Also changed the fluid front and rear for a DOT4 racing. Had the rear cooking on the Lysevegen in Norway and the same happened with the CT in Italy but never had a problem again after changing to the racing version so the T gets it too.
IMG_20221203_154349.jpg.776e761bf03a64c09b8c2508e8d60f9e.jpg

This was the old.
IMG_20221203_154335.jpg.5594ffbe5bde2d8262852e5cb71e8ba9.jpg

Then i soldered a new wire in my heated jacket for the gloves and fixed my microphone mod, both had broken wires.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

IMG_20221203_160917.jpg.6f46de5b433eed673bb4bdbe60421021.jpg

IMG_20221203_174605.jpg.c8cfc6fff9b2f3fe1b081120d55b4065.jpg

And changed the front brake pads for the old set i took out before the trip to start with a fresh set. Next service front and rear will get new rotors and pads that go together.
Maybe take the opportunity to go for a single brake conversion with rear ABS delete for the same price as 2 rotors.
Also changed the fluid front and rear for a DOT4 racing. Had the rear cooking on the Lysevegen in Norway and the same happened with the CT in Italy but never had a problem again after changing to the racing version so the T gets it too.
IMG_20221203_154349.jpg.776e761bf03a64c09b8c2508e8d60f9e.jpg

This was the old.
IMG_20221203_154335.jpg.5594ffbe5bde2d8262852e5cb71e8ba9.jpg

Then i soldered a new wire in my heated jacket for the gloves and fixed my microphone mod, both had broken wires.

What tires did you install? Look like the new Heidenau Rangers possibly?

Took delivery of new Alpina tubeless wheels and Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires.

Anyone want to buy OEM wheels with OEM tires on them?  Only 350 miles on the tires and wheels.  Just bought the bike in September.

Edited by WingVetteStrom

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

6 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

This was the old.

When you say "Had the rear cooking on ..." was it from using the rear a lot or it cooking because it was dragging on its own?

6 hours ago, jdub53 said:

They are 🙂 I saw them waiting in his basement some weeks ago.

6 hours ago, jdub53 said:

Yes, K60 Ranger.
Had 'm lying around for a couple of months and now the review are coming in. According to those i might nog be happy with the front (again) but we will see.

50 minutes ago, NeilW said:

When you say "Had the rear cooking on ..." was it from using the rear a lot or it cooking because it was dragging on its own?

Fast riding on a serpentine road, pure useage.

Edit:
It was on this road.
Lysebotn climb | Cyclelogical TV

Edited by Ray Ride4life
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to your review on the K60 Rangers. My T7 needs new tires also, so this input will come in handy. 

1 hour ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Fast riding on a serpentine road, pure useage.

Edit:
It was on this road.
Lysebotn climb | Cyclelogical TV

Wow. I googled the photo. What an amazing road. Did you have to take a ferry to get there ?