Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

2 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

Not sure how I held that one up. During the previous group buy a member set up a group deal himself. He worked with other members to make it happen. Not something I setup. 

Had asked a couple times about getting multiple orders shipped together, or if getting them shipped to a local dealer was an option, and how that would all work on your guys end so we could make it happen. Never got an answer. Nbd people were posting like crazy those few days so I assume it just got lost in the noise and there’s only so many things you can pay attention to so it’s all good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello SC, is the group buy still going on?
I'm in South Carolina and would like the 1 pc Tall Comfort.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
THANKS to SC and all the contributors for helping me make up my mind!

Hi,

Are there any difference in stiffness between the standard and the tall one piece comfort seat? Is the tall seat just taller or it's softer too?

Which one do you prefer for me? Big guy, 192 cm and 134 kg (with gear). The OEM seath hight is OK for me, I have problem only with the comfort.

Edited by GL21

• Moderators
On 7/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, Gamecock said:

Hello SC, is the group buy still going on?
I'm in South Carolina and would like the 1 pc Tall Comfort.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
THANKS to SC and all the contributors for helping me make up my mind!

@Gamecock Group buy was closed as per their June 14 post in this thread.  

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@Seat Concepts have you started shipping any seats out from our group buy yet?

I was told it might take a couple months and I am OK with that, Just wondering if any have started shipping yet.

My order number was 101137, probably near the end of the list...

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

July email update:
First and foremost, thank you for your support and for choosing Seat Concepts. 

We realize it has been some time since you placed your order, so we want to assure you that we definitely have not forgotten about you, nor do we take these long lead times lightly. We are doing everything within our control to combat the long lead times so we can provide you with the quality product you expect from Seat Concepts. 

With that being said, the reality of the situation is not only that the Powersports Industry is experiencing an unprecedented surge, but, mostly, that we do not hold pre-built inventory.  We recognize carrying inventory would help the situation; however, we have been self-funded since the beginning, which prevented us from holding an inventory of our products and, consequently, pushed us to be a build-to-order company. As we've grown, it has been difficult to get away from this way of doing things because we are still a relatively small team manufacturing thousands of orders. With every cover and foam flowing through an internal manufacturing process, each and every order has roughly 7-10 different sets of hands touching it between the sales, purchasing, foam, sewing, picking, installs, and shipping departments before they are completed and leave our facility. 

While we understand this doesn’t exactly answer the question of, “Great, but when can I expect my seat," we do hope it sheds a tiny bit of light on the situation, and please know we are doing our very best to build the oldest orders first so they land on your bike as quickly as possible.

If there is anything we can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

We hope you have a great day and, again, we truly appreciate your patience! 

media.nl?id=55047&c=5041883&h=20VH4tOLhmGWhkAdlr0B-eQeDcttBYywvzyQ987IHyv2VeKU
uc?export=download&id=1ixpwS0MYAPl6NDcMkBkVltid4p8kEDR0&revid=0B_VwlD7O95PHdjFweVVNd0NXWDI3MEJIdGhLcGtxYUhqTXcwPQ
The Seat Concepts Team
4221 Challenger 
  • Like 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Original SC  info:

”With the current production backlog I cannot get these out any sooner than normal production lead times which is 8-10 weeks on average.”

• Like 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

• 2 weeks later...

well it is taking 2 months to get a custom Windshield sunshade for my C63, so this is a common theme alot of places and vendors. What are ya gonna do? Nothing! Ride and not care-it will be a great surprise once it shows up!

I'm in week 8  for a low comfort one-piece seat, so I hope I'm approaching the delivery zone soon. 😀

I just received email notice my one piece tall comfort will be here by July 31!    Will make it in time for my Colorado trip in August.   I was actually thinking it may not arrive until Sept.   
Thank you SC!   Looking forward to trying it out! 

• Like 2

@MoPops Woohoo, me two!!
Standard Comfort and ETA 8/4 here in the northeast! 
I had set a reminder at 8 weeks from my order date, it just popped up today. Thanks SC!

Edited by dmottv

Mine's due 8/3.  I ordered it 6/2.  Only 8 weeks instead of 10!

3 hours ago, RideID said:

@MoPopswhen did you place your order?

June 2nd.   Getting it a lot more quickly than I thought I would.  

• Like 1

How cool I got an e-mail notice yesterday says my seat will arrive Fri. 7/30.

• Like 1

@alpha 1

Well it depends the email confirmation I received 6/2 was number 101020

the order filled number I received 7/28 was a different number starting with a S0 the confirmation number received on 6/2 I think is the one your looking for.

Ya.   I ordered on 6/2 had # 101000 thought one of the post from them said orders were filled based on that #    

Edited by alpha 1

Order # 100999 ordered 6/2 no shipping confirmation received yet 🤷🏼‍♂️

Order 99703 and still nothing ordered may 7th? When can I see my seat, been well over 8-10 weeks...

35 minutes ago, Kyouma said:

Order 99703 and still nothing ordered may 7th? When can I see my seat, been well over 8-10 weeks...

Don’t think the group buy started until around May 27th.

Mine shipped today.  Estimated delivery 7/30, tomorrow!  😄

@Kyouma

If you ordered on May 7th it was not part of the one piece seat Group Buy the claim numbers for the Group Buy were not issued until 6/2, at least that is when I received my Group Buy code I don't know of anyone that received the code needed to order in the Group buy any sooner than that.

The Group Buy did not start receiving PM for inclusion until May 27th 

We were able to tell them we wanted to be included in the Group Buy but where not able to order and pay for the seat before we received the necessary code.  

I hope you weren't thinking that you ordered when you were just posting an intertest, you had to send a PM to Seat Concepts for inclusion in the Group Buy and then you received a PM from them with your code, then you had to go to their web page to place your order and insert the code at check out and I don't know of anyone that got their code before 6/2, I purchased mine within two hours of receiving my code.

Edited by UtahJack
  • Like 1